Warn Winch XD9000i

Yup, what Pete said Warn winches are slightly offset to one side so he fairlead opening will not line up. Should be easily fixable with a grinder and a hot glue gun... or drill new holes in the baseplate for the holding dwon bolts.

That bumper looks new. Have you only just bought it?

If so why not take it back and get a more suitable one?

Pete

I sent it off to a company and they sandwashed it, primed it with zinc and painted it.. It followed the car when I bought it..

Spent too much money so I guess I will manage getting the bolt hole in it.. But Devron told me it will fit the dimensions I mentioned. It is a standard 10"X4.5" for the bolt hole... Fingers crossed actually..!! There is always a way!! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

:unsure: .. Now is the time of truth.. I am about to mount the winch but wondering of where to get the current from--

Where do I get the current from? should I get a new Battery for it? Or should I cut a hole under the seat and connect the red and black wires to it? This is how it looks like.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/dantd5/Winch.jpg

Help needed.... :huh:

Yepp it is but I have managed to get the Warn winch into it.. I just need instructions as to how to connect it to battery!! :(

You have to buy longer cable, Welding cable is good, the defender isnt like normal like other 4x4, the winch is only normaly supplied with enough cable to fit a battery under the bonnet, Welding power and earth cable can hold the amps, you can join the welding cable to the winch cable by the isolater switch, I say this assuming you dont have enough cable??? you then power straight onto the battery, some people go on the starter motor for power but i would do it right first time

kind regards tris

• 3 weeks later...

Now the winch is mounted on the bumper. do I need a seperate switch before connecting it to the battery or is it a "plug and play affair"? I do not want to burn it to pieces by making a mistake so I am evaluating all possible mishaps that can come along the way. Anyone has a picture of how the cables connect to the battery? :(:o

post-7610-1215502223_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1215502279_thumb.jpg