D.I.Y Snorkel from Wickes

DeanB

Alot of people regard land rover owners as a tough old bunch, fixing their cars with pieces of wire and scraps of wood :) and often known to make miracle repairs by simply staring at their engines! Post these pics, this I gotta see....!

Well ! Here it is in all it's glory ! ;) Didn't even have to cut the inner wing, just came through where the air pickup pipe was from the air box. Also have loads of room now for another battery for when i get my snorkel :rolleyes: Any questions will be gladly answered

Dean

post-9172-1212668260_thumb.jpg

post-9172-1212668318_thumb.jpg

post-9172-1212668379_thumb.jpg

post-9172-1212668430_thumb.jpg

unusual routing there. most of them use the hole in the inner wing above the highest flat part (3rd picture from right)

where you have routed it is where the second battery usually resides (mostly the jack on some models)

nice job though

Erm, is it just me or is there no airfilter in that system? If so I dont think your engine is going to like you much :ph34r: .

Knew someone would ask that, lol, i have made a filter that fits directly in the snorkel pipe, had the air vacuum checkad and all is well :rolleyes:

Ello Pikester, hows it goin? Seems like a long time ago that I was doin that now :)

I'll take that piece of ally pipe if there are no other takers mate. I've been looking at the southdown ones on eblag, very nice and with a bend in them too. This will be significantly cheaper however...

Stu.

Well ! Here it is in all it's glory ! ;) Didn't even have to cut the inner wing, just came through where the air pickup pipe was from the air box. Also have loads of room now for another battery for when i get my snorkel :rolleyes: Any questions will be gladly answered

Dean

I think you may have the bobble hats going bezerk with you, they will think you've got a wood burning stove under the bonnet! :lol: :lol: