RRC Door seals?

tuffstuff

After a long weekend in Wiltshire getting very wet and Muddy :P I have had to take out the mats and soundproofing from inside of the Beast today. The water just kissed the underside of the ECU so i was lucky there :o

My door seals have started to split and its appears that they have shrunk :blink: . If i get a secondhand set i am just delaying leaks a little longer but i can not find anywhere that sells new door seals? Can anyone point me in the right direction please ;)

No one makes the fitted door seals anymore. I ordered some from Rimmers but they said they only come in black and you have to trim them in yourself. But like Geoff said, you will NEVER stop the leaks. I gave up on that idea a long time ago :lol:

Pretty certain some of the usual aftermarket suppliers do door seals, also sell the seal strip off the roll (not so good at the corners, I guess). The doors will still leak though, you won't ever stop that on an old land rover :lol:
I know i won't stop the leaks, i just need to slow them down abit! :blink: Mind you, now that i have found the other leaks and holes, i think i have slowed it enough for now but i do need a new set. I contacted Keith but as yet i have not heard anything back

It's a radical idea but have you considered moving the ECU up a bit, for example anywhere but the lowest point in the car :ph34r:

Kit car suppliers sell various flavours of door seal by the metre, knowing LR it's probably the same as Metros, Maestros, Rover 200's, etc. so you could probably raid the scrapyard with reasonable success.

It's a radical idea but have you considered moving the ECU up a bit, for example anywhere but the lowest point in the car :ph34r:

Kit car suppliers sell various flavours of door seal by the metre, knowing LR it's probably the same as Metros, Maestros, Rover 200's, etc. so you could probably raid the scrapyard with reasonable success.

I have now moved the ECU up to under the dash where the aircon unit was, just need to sort out the wires for the ABS unit and i can move that up as well. Why they put so many fuses and relays under the seats, god only knows :unsure: