Mr UPS arrived today with gifts

white90

Finally got the wheels ready to fit

the holes for the studs have to be reamed out(not ideal on 10mm steel)

all in all this has proved a costly excercise(mostly my fault on measuring) ;)

adding the wheels/shipping/valves studs(as originals are far too short leaving the nut not on the thread by 2-3mm)

seal/gaskets oils etc and more importantly the time to assemble 5 wheels with 32 bolts per wheel.

fitting is also fun as they are sodding heavy

post-5-1218135326_thumb.jpg

Fair point but I wanted the best available.

price wise without the measuring error they would have come in the same price as Mach5 bead locks

and I wouldn't have them. so single bead locks were the next option but I wanted double beadlocks.

So Stazworks was the only choice for me.

Fair point but I wanted the best available.

price wise without the measuring error they would have come in the same price as Mach5 bead locks

and I wouldn't have them. so single bead locks were the next option but I wanted double beadlocks.

So Stazworks was the only choice for me.

any reason you wouldn,t run the Mach 5's?

Serg

To common for me :)

previous issues with cracking around the spokes

no off the shelf specs that I wanted with backspacing I want

no where near as strong as Stazworks or the quality.

if you look at the pic again you can see the Cold roll rings added to the outer edge to protect the rim itself

I just don't like Mach 5s

I previously purchased a set with tyres and sold the wheels on keeping the tyres.

I lost a caliper with modulars and spacers fitted, this wasn't one of my reasons.

but I did loose an entire wheel/spacer combo when I failed to tighten the nuts properly.

last time I ran spacers, the Stazworks were ordered the next month.

Tony, the wheels look good although you've clearly been letting Will drive your 90 going by the state of the bodywork :lol: What were the problems with the studs???

P.S. I think you need a new calculator if you think Staz cost the same as Mach 5. I found it was pretty much a case of double the beadlocks double the price. Wel worth it, though.

But the holes required reaming??? I assumed they would be a straight swap given their design.

Tony at the rate you're adding charactor the 90 will need a freshen up about the same time mine should re-appear. I fear less and less of my original truck will appear in the 'new' one - should have kept it and built a new one from scratch. Oh well, no going back now.....

If Mach 5's are at £190 now they've gone up in price (again) - can you still buy them, though (ie are they back in production)??? Mine came in at just a shade over £300 a corner including coating (done over here).