Disco tdi into 110 - bottom intercooler hose

Nearly there with this conversion of a 200tdi disco engine plus radiators into 1984 110. Engine and all bits are in - just a quick canvass of views on the routing and fitting of the intercooler bottom hose to the turbo.

Yes its possible to cut a clearance hole in inner wing for the original disco rubber elbow, (although it looks like it would be a pretty tight fit) and I'm thinking if I did this I'd then re-insert some more ali of a different shape to stop all the s**t getting into engine bay. The advantage of this route is that the hose route is kept reasonably direct. Only other constraint is that this is a minimum cost conversion!

How did you do yours?

Yes, I've been looking at the diagram in White90's posting in that (overall excellent :) ) thread and still have a few probs. It looks like two of the TD5 hoses quoted may be useful but I can't find them in the online parts cat I looked at (Rimmerbros and LR Series)

PNH101590 - the U bend, the part no. doesnt exist in the catalgue

They do reference a PNH102081 hose described as the rigid pipe to turbo hose - could this be the U bend?

They also don't reference PNH102090 - the offset hose, but do reference a PNH102091 which they describe as intercooler to rigid pipe hose - is this the same part, which is the right part no?

anybody got any ideas?

if i understand your question right,the way to get around this problem is to move the position of the inlet of the turbo,you need large circlip pliers,unbolt the waste gate actuater,open the circlip,rotate the housing clock wise to right position,drill and tap holes for wastegate actuater,may sound complicated but when you look again at your turbo it becomes clear.

I cut about 3/4" off the elbow on the turbo side and pushed the elbow on as far as it would go - just about gets it clear of the inner wing then.

I'm sure it's ot perfect and I'd prefer a longer sweep coming out the turbo but it doesn't seem to have any effect on performance.

I also used a 300tdi intercooler which has a different angle on the inlet and again just helps things a bit and gets the I/C pipe elevated a little more.

Thanks guys good answers :) Looks like the simplest way (starting from the turbo end) is reduce the disco elbow length as Eightpot suggests (duh why didnt I think of that!), use a short connector pipe into the offset TD5 hose (part no. PNH101600 Thanks Western), connected to a new bit of ali/stainless pipe, which connects into a TD elbow which then connects to the disco intercooler. Or at least thats what I'm going to try first, leaving clocking the turbo as a last resort!