Which oil for axles

Boro

Haynes suggest hypoid gear oil either 80EP or 90EP for use in the front and rear axles (as well as transfer box) i have gallons of castrol differential epx 80w-90 will this be suitable to use as i would rather use it up if i can :rolleyes:

What are peoples thoughts on using the one shot grease in the swivel housings on these? i seem to remember someone saying that one sachet per side wasnt enough (i have 3 of them anyway) mine are leaking and need new seals and balls as the chrome is pitted i just want them to last a few months longer as with everything else im doing to it at the moment i cannot really afford to replace the swivels and other gubbins such as swivel and wheel bearings etc

I cannot justify £10.99 plus vat plus delivery per litre for the stuff from difflock when i have gallons of castrol oil, not when i have oil to change in both axles and the transfer box and possibly the swivels (tempted to see how long they will hold oil)

I cannot justify £10.99 plus vat plus delivery per litre for the stuff from difflock when i have gallons of castrol oil, not when i have oil to change in both axles and the transfer box and possibly the swivels (tempted to see how long they will hold oil)

I use the bog standard Comma 80w90 GL4 oil at £12 for 5ltrs in my diffs and T box.

Re the swivels on my old RR I just pumped some LM grease in to the swivel filler (no more than 10 pumps of the gun) and the leak stopped and stayed that way, I sold the RR 40k miles lated a still not leaking..