Rear wheel bearing job but where for parts?

Boro

Right having found the source of my discos noise was the osr wheel bearing and having finally received all the parts i had ordered i set about replacing it this afternoon, the bearing was welded to the stub axle and no amount of gentle persuasion was getting me anywhere so off came the discs splash shield and out came the big hammer ;) of course this has made a bit of a mess of the disc but no choice on that one, now im in need of the following parts: set of rear discs and pads, rear stub axle and a rear hub as the previous person to replace the discs has made a right mess of the hub :angry: where can i buy good quality items online? up to now items i have bought have been name brands that i recognise as being good but when buying hubs or stub axles its not so easy as i doubt they would be branded

i buy all my gear from paddocks i think that they are reasonably good price wise they deliver quite promptly and things are of good quality,i cant comment on how long things last from them but i have never had any problems with it.with that said i dont give my land rover hardcore abuse week in and week out like some others,im maybe be doing a day or two of laning a month so not really testing the new components i have fitted.i have heard that mm4x4 are good as well but i havent used them and to be honest until i get problems with paddocks im not going to,before you ask i dont work for paddocks.oh and i think if you spend over £50 the carriage is free.

I get all my stuff from Paddocks as well.

Re bearings they often offer a couple of options pricewise, ie a cheapy (which I usually buy) and an original equipment one - you pays yer money, etc

Cheers

Dave

As for paying your money and taking your chance i can do you a second hand set up if your interested. All good before disassembly.

Send me a PM if you want to know more - i have them on the shelf and the price may sway you :P

Thanks

Colin

I went with paddocks in the end for the hubs (bearmach), discs and pads (mintex) and mudguards (britpart), the parts came the next day although the hubs where sent direct from supplier and only one as yet has arrived as someone made an error and only ordered me one <_< i bought the stub axles from keith gott via ebay, they are new genuine take off units from new axles and worked out cheaper than buying pattern items and the service was very good (next day), i had already bought the bearing kits on ebay (timken) and i bought the seals, gaskets and bolts etc from landrover themselves, one side now completed just waiting for the other hub now which should be here monday! i ended up using the pattern gasket for the half shaft flange as it seemed thicker than the genuine gasket only to find when the joint was done up tight water was coming out of the gasket, yet it didnt feel damp to start with