Putting running gear from disco into Series3 FFR

I am posting this in this section, as I want some good ideas on mods, and I would imagine the Series section is more for people who want to maintain their Series vehicle, not cut it to bits.

I have outside my front door, a Disco Mk1 V8 that I cannot sell!

I want to know how hard it would be to either A) take my Series 3 FFR 109 with hoops and canvass (I love it!) and transplant it onto the v8 disco chassis, so I have the look and utilitity of my soon to be defender pretender, and the power and handling of a V8 disco? Or B) take the full running gear including engine and auto box and put it onto the Series chassis. I prefer to do the former, as the latter will leave me with leaf springs and I want to eventually have dislocating springs.

Can this be done? I would then of course, put an LPG kit on it.

And lastly are there any good places to go to have this done if it is possible?

Both wheelbases are different [between hub centres]

Discovery 100 inch

109 = 109 inches

so that won't be a easy translpant, if you use the Discovery chassis & suspension & axles & keep the Disco's identity & reg plate then effectively your doing a body swap, so the 109 will then be just a road registered rolling chassis with it's identity intact.

other way is to modify the 109 chassis to accept the coil spring top mounts & Discovery engine/transmission/axles, that IMHO should put you in SVA land. loads of info about SVA in the tech archive index.

I would have thought that the first option would also be in SVA land since the chassis will have to be modified to accept the series body including the rear cross member. That is a chassis alteration from standard.

Mo

If you can get a copy of a 4x4 is born they put a 90 body on a RR chassis / running gear. A fairly big project and you would need a fair degree of fabrication skills. A 110 chassis with a V5 would be a easier solution, you would need a 110 rear tub so that the wheels sit in the middle of the rear wheel arch but the vehicle would then retain the id of the donor 110.

As for getting someone else to do it - this will be quite spendy to say the least.