Edelbrock

Rob

Well, thats you put in your place Mr Fridge, Lagoda is only a gentle greenlaning event, barely off road

...so WTF do you know anyways :P

:ph34r:

Nige

Lagoda caters for all types of vehicles.

Now, if he had broken down, what would have happened? Would he have had to walk for days to get out. Would he have to abandon the vehicle a days drive from home( or any other civilisation) and walk back in with spare parts to fix it on the spot so that he could drive it out. You love attacking anything I say. I have not attacked EFI, I have stated that everything has its place. However, people who ignore Carbies as a possible solution to a situation are narrow in their thinking.

P76, if you want to argue the toss the I have already suggested you start a separate thread rather than have yet another arguing session in someone else's thread. 20 years have passed since carbs were the answer to anything.

In regard to the thread, I simply asked what went wrong with the quadrajet. You then started going on about the advantages of an EFI system. I suggest that you pick arguments somewhere else next time.

I have no wish to debate things with people who can only think in one dimension.

So I suggest that you stop highjacking threads in the future just to push your views on selected EFI systems.

You just twist and turn to suit yourself. Firstly state that EFI systems are better and then you state that you weren't talking about a 14CUX. I did not know that a 14CUX was not EFI.

I am still awaiting a reply to my original question about why the quadrajet was scrapped.

echnophobic? yeah right. I have been playing with computers for nearly 35 years. The early PCs I were programming had 64k of memory and 2X256k floppy disc drives, mainframes I used required punch cards for programming.

Might have been 30 years ago but not 35………….unless you worked for IBM on the 340’s & 740’s ……….punch cards were still used on mainframe in the mid 80's, for Cobol and Fortran..........

In fact probably less than 30 as I used to work with 8 inch floppys in the late 70’s which were 110Kb …………… I think Double sided came out in 78 /79 at 1.2Meg but they were rare and expensive……….

We used to change the platters on hard drives as well (early 80's) …………..how time has moved on…………… I guess the colonials need to more time catch up. :P

Might have been 30 years ago but not 35………….unless you worked for IBM on the 340’s & 740’s ……….punch cards were still used on mainframe in the mid 80's, for Cobol and Fortran..........

In fact probably less than 30 as I used to work with 8 inch floppys in the late 70’s which were 110Kb …………… I think Double sided came out in 78 /79 at 1.2Meg but they were rare and expensive……….

We used to change the platters on hard drives as well (early 80's) …………..how time has moved on…………… I guess the colonials need to more time catch up. :P

Why do you want to argue with everything I say. The punch cards and tape were used for Cobal and Fortran and it was a bit over 34 years ago. So I rounded to 35, sorry for that. I did not state that the PC was 35 years ago, but it was a bit over 31 years ago. And I was also changing platters on 2X256MB drives around 30 years ago. By the way, the PC cost around $7,000 US 32 years ago, so in todays terms they were expensive. The unit with the 2x256MB drives cost around $500,000. You can look it up if you like, it was a Wang VS 100 with 1MB of main memory and 1MB of cache. But i do not think these matters have anything to do with this thread.

Also it is a scientific fact that Australia is ahead of the US. (about 11 hours to be exact)

Since some of the questions are posed to me.....

1) The EFI should provide more reliable operation and better adjustments to conditions. We live at 4000 ft elevation and regularly drive up to 7000 feet and down to sea level, so having altitude corrections is handy.

2) I agree with others that the field troubleshooting of these particular EFI system is no more complex than a carb. A multimeter pretty much does everything. We received a spare computer as well with the package. I owned a Disco with this same system for years and found it to be reliable and simple to troubleshoot.

3) The computer will not be mounted under a seat nor anywhere else that can be submerged.