Injector Pump Breather

SiWhite

I'm getting all the breathers sorted on the Landy prior to Mike Wolfe / Bish's Challenge / Wales / Tony's Bash. All fairly straightforward except for the breather on the back of the injector pump.

Makes a lot of sense to have a high level breather here, especially considering the price of refurbishment of the units.

As far as I can see, the standard breather is a little rubber boot affair, not very durable IMHO and liable to let water in.

I've seen on Andy's Site that he has got the sort of thing I'm after.

Has anyone got any experience of fitting a breather to the back of an injector pump?

on the 300 pump:

there is a rubber breather tube I mated this to the breather tube I was installing then used araldite to fix the two together.

The plastic tube I was installing fed over the top of the rubber one in place.

checked it was still clear after the glue dried. then fitted the rubber bit(that looks like a saucepan) back onto the pump.

So far so good no water inthe pump even after the Wales dip.

ps the rubber boot (name I'm now calling it)

fits over the silver item Andy tapped the gold bit into.

shown in Andys pic

Breather_fuel_pump2.jpg

Edited by white90

Si, what he said ^^^^^ I've got a couple of breathers to sort properly as well. Do yu have tubng or would you like me to pick you some up? Do you want me to knock out a second, thicker, inspection plate for the timing case (standard one just ends up stripping)?

Will,

Thanks bud, I've got 30 metres of tubing coming via Eblag!

The inspection cover'd be ace if you've got time to make another.

I picked up a 1/8 bsp tap today, plus a load of push-fit elbows for breathers into things - let me know if you ever need either.

Snorkle's on too now!

Will,

The inspection cover'd be ace if you've got time to make another.

I picked up a 1/8 bsp tap today, plus a load of push-fit elbows for breathers into things - let me know if you ever need either.

Snorkle's on too now!

What sort of tubing have you got? I hadn't actually picked up any yet so I might like to blag some if you've got any spare (I guess you should from 30 m). If you've got a couple of spare push fit elbows that would be great too.

How did you do the snorkel then? I'll be interested to see how it looks.

30m? Are you wading across the North Sea? :o;)

Which breather are we talking about, the one that goes into the back of the diaphragm to vent the air on the bottom side of that as the diaphragm is pushed down by turbo boost pressure?

I wondered about that too, especially the other day in about 3 1/2 foot of water :blink:

• 6 years later...