Goodwinch TDS Isolator

The Goodwinch spec for a TDS quotes about 350A for rated load. It also recommends fitting an isolator switch.

I am having trouble finding a winch rated for 350A.

Clearly running a winch at rated load for any long period is a bad idea, but so is fitting a switch of too low a rating.

So who makes a switrch which can handle 350A 12V ? For example Vehicle Wiring Products heavy duty is only rated to 250A continuous.

The Goodwinch spec for a TDS quotes about 350A for rated load. It also recommends fitting an isolator switch.

I am having trouble finding a winch rated for 350A.

Clearly running a winch at rated load for any long period is a bad idea, but so is fitting a switch of too low a rating.

So who makes a switrch which can handle 350A 12V ? For example Vehicle Wiring Products heavy duty is only rated to 250A continuous.

If you go on fleabay and look at the people that sell winch's they have shops and sell the switches seperate for a few quid, Dont know how to do links yet

tris

Just looked, Its " Recovery solutions" and its £6.

If you go on fleabay and look at the people that sell winch's they have shops and sell the switches seperate for a few quid, Dont know how to do links yet

tris

Just looked, Its " Recovery solutions" and its £6.

The only Battery Switch they sell is this -

Battery Isolation Switch

b04d_1.JPG

It's only rated at 100A. This type of Battery Switch isn't really up to the current drawn by Land Rovers or Winches.

These Durite ones that Vehicle Wiring Products sell -

60560.jpg

60550.jpg

are both rated at 250A @ 24V, 2500A for 5 secs - which is more than man-enough.

A cheaper version of the one with the removable key can be had on eBay -

** HEAVY DUTY BATTERY ISOLATOR SWITCH & METAL KEY**

b074_1.JPG

But personally, I'd stick with the Durite ones, they're a known and quality brand.

Paul.

I've had an EP9 and a TDS from Goodwinch and have fitted the isolator switch that came with it. Never had any problems so far....

I missed something there, the cutout and battery clips are available from Goodwinch for an extra £25. That will be the one to go for then, or go for the Durite from VWP

Very good pictures! Im using the 100amp one on a 12000lb winch at the moment, I had the cables extended proffesionely and they vetted it and said ok, Also the auto electricians I went to fit winch's and inverters etc But now ive seen the other switch im going to order it as you can never be to safe.

tris