Door repair

Does anyone know of a repair panel that is available for the bottom of defender doors or know of anyone in my area (Taunton/Bridgwater,Minehead) who repairs them at a reasonable cost

or even someone who has some for sale

First define 'reasonable' and then what precisely needs doing. Assuming that it is the bottom rail of the steel subframe then in Frome is this mob http://www.landroversuk.co.uk/ who advertise on eBay at £100 per door plus VAT (excluding repainting cost) currently item 320273537356. Or if you want to have a go yourself YRM sell replacement door frame bottom rails http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.com/ . If the door skin is looking a bit like lace then probably more economical to get a new door.

cant you cut out the rusted (im geussing its rust-but mines the same) parts, brace it and then put chequer plate on top? but mine are the militray split types, with no liner

theres nothing you cant fix with an angle grinder

Wozza, sorry should have said I've not experience of the mob in Frome.

I've sorted out corrosion in a door frame on my SIII myself using odd bits of steel from B&Q and daresay it will last longer than the original. I've also had bits from YRM and they are very good. But you need welding gear for both options (which I have). And I've got to sort the rear door on my TD5 and really must ensure I do it before the winter - I'll be using a YRM bottom rail for that and hope to be so careful that I shan't need to get it sprayed (and pigs might, etc ...).

... and you can pick up reasonable doors at autojumble/eBay for £100 a door.

Cheers

Blippie

If you do find some, you're best to buy them and put them into stock! The last pair I saw at Capel were £225 and they were almost worse than the ones I've got on the truck already!!