Another Shuttle Brake Valve Question?

minivin

ok, bleed the brakes with the eezi bleed, not much pressure so pumped trhe brakes a bit and got some pressure.

Dad takes it up and down the road and not impressed with the brakes (well he's the ex-Land Rover mechanic so I thought I'd leave him to test it), he reckons that when he was in reverse and dragging the brakes all he could feel was the front brakes working.

Is it possible that during building pressure after the eezi bleed that the shuttle went over, or do you need a "significant fluid-lose" type scenario for the valve to go over on a Series III dual brake system? (1979)

Hate brakes as the got to be bang-on (excuse the pun!) <_<

well at least thats one of us with good brakes :D I've also got intermitent binding brakes on the BMW at the moment so got to limp down to Dorchester, buy new front and back genuine BMW pads <gulp>, limp home, and replace the rear disc (£125 new disc sat her), pads and try and solve that brake issue as well <_< I want an easy life :)

Is it possible that during building pressure after the eezi bleed that the shuttle went over, or do you need a "significant fluid-lose" type scenario for the valve to go over on a Series III dual brake system? (1979)

The shuttle shuttling shouldn't reduce pressure as it does NOT cut the supply off to a failed circuit, it's the dual master cylinder that does that. Its sole purpose is to illuminate the warning light, so if the light's out it should be OK - assuming the switch &c is working!

The shuttle shuttling shouldn't reduce pressure as it does NOT cut the supply off to a failed circuit, it's the dual master cylinder that does that. Its sole purpose is to illuminate the warning light, so if the light's out it should be OK - assuming the switch &c is working!

Guess what, switch don't work as I found out after stripping it as it was perminantly on ;)

servo shouldn't come into play til u put foot on pedal

yeah, in correct context when you use the brake pedal with the engine running it goes to the floor and wont build pressure, yet with engine off you can build pressure after a few pumps :)

well it isn't the shuttle valve, thats ok, build pressure and then it seeps away over time, got one nipple at the master cylinder seized that is weeping, looks like I'm sha@@ed unless my mate with some special spanners that don't slip can tighten it more :(:angry:

well it isn't the shuttle valve, thats ok, build pressure and then it seeps away over time, got one nipple at the master cylinder seized that is weeping, looks like I'm sha@@ed unless my mate with some special spanners that don't slip can tighten it more :(:angry:

Replace the nipple!

Stilsons are good for getting them out.

Si

BUMMER! Mike is still having fun with Dads manifold too!

Oh well keep smiling! :D

Have just removed the master cylinder (didn't finish work till 20:15) and Paddocks emailed saying that the replacement was on it's way, Might get a chance to fit it tomorrow night (head torch on, looking for dropped nuts in the dark :D ).

It's a shame we didn't know about this manifold issue a few months earlier, I threw one out of my 2.25 :rolleyes: