OT.... women drivers

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I had a great one this morning. Driving into wotk, i have to go through a "road narrowing traffic control" stupid thing that the council have installed. it reduced the already narrow country road from 1 1/2 lanes to just one lane, with a speed bump and those signs that show "big arrow, little arrow" for whoever has right of way... which in this case, is me.. B)

So, i approach said traffic control, with the knowledge that i have RoW, a car coming the other way drives through (there was plenty of room for them), followed by a BT transit that had just enough room to "pop through" in front of me (and he put his toe down so didn't really cause me any hassle) but behind him, oh yes, was Miss stressed in her LWB maverick, with baby in seat in the back.

she decides that, as there is a large transit in front of her,who is totally blocking her view frontwards and who's gone through, then it must be OK for her to as well.. :rolleyes:

So i continue driving (quite rightly) towards the traffic control. and we meet head on (not an imact... about 5' between us)

so i stop.

she stops.

she mouths "can you move back then"

i reply "noooooo" and point to the road-sign that shows i have right of way

she starts going off on one, and then tries to drive up onto the pavement next to me to go around (coz i'm a stubborn ginger git who won't move! hehe!), but her all powerful 4x4 maveric won't make it up the kerb (she's obviously pulling away in 3rd on tickover, as she stalls it!)

she then mouths "it won't make it"

at this point i wet myself laughing... i know that mavericks arn't exactly camel trophy rated, but i would have thought that they could mount a kerb...

eventually (i think she put it in Lo range because she was fumbling around in that area) she managed to get it up on the kerb, lots of engine revving and slipping of clutch. came past my drivers window and stated how i was an "idiot"... what, for not letting her barge her way through?

made for a nice humerous journey! :D:D:D

had something like that, me on my BMW motorbike going through a local town centre and all my hard luggage fitted, big blue motorbike with a rider in all black and a green and white classic helmet, obviously camoflaged!

Come to a line of parked cars on the opposite side, mr white van is already commited coming the other way so let him through, mr car followed by mr van follow through followed by mr car, by mr car, by mr car, by mr va "YOU EFFING EGGITS ITS MY RIGHT OF WAY" <lots of revs and stamped into gear, followed by a very light front wheel and trying to remove the wing mirror off the van>

The line of traffic coming the other way seemed to give way for the traffic that was behind me after that, but I only saw a quick glimpse as I was in the distance :rolleyes:

An old-shape Nissan Micra (or summat like that) tried to pass me on the M60 this morning then pull in, but due to a wagon slowing in front of him, couldn't get in. I sailed past on the inside lane so he stuck his finger up at me for not letting him in then pulled in behind me. Up to that point I was managing about 50mph...

It was surprising how long it took me to slowly come off at the junction, then slowly down and around the sliproad onto the M66 while he followed me! Must have added a few more minutes onto the journey!

Last year on the way home from Ikea (loaded up with flatpacks!) I was about ½ mile from home and in the one-way system at the start of York Way. The outside lane peels off to the right and heads towards Tufnell Park/Archway and the inside lane goes straight on towards Kings Cross.

I was in the inside lane minding my own business when suddenly there was a whole load of beeping and hand signals. The (woman) driver in the outside lane obviously wanted to change lanes and lacked the savvy to either accelerate and slot in front of me or slow down and drop in behind me! :blink:

The driver clearly expected me to disappear up my own ar$e! :rolleyes:

I laughed, and returned a few hand signals of my own that questioned the driver's sanity! The woman finally got the idea of joining the inside lane behind me and started tailgating me. When I stopped at a zebra crossing the driver got out and started walking towards me with murder in her eyes. Roadrage! I was able to pull away just before she reached the driver's door and she was left standing in the road looking rather foolish!! :lol:

I have nothing against women drivers by the way!! (except that one!) :P

I personally think it's only gentlemanly to let lady drivers have the right of way.

I fully expect to be allowed to que jump at traffic lights, get in the right hand lane at a roundabout to turn left and barge my way through, oh and my favourite is to take up two parking spaces cos I can't park in just one tiny space.

I am a woman, I am blonde, therefore it's my right. :rolleyes:

No - please describe.... :)

The posters with an aeriel view of a carpark, the spaces marked out in white lines and symbols for the disabled, mother and baby spaces etc. Then some diagonal lines forming an extra wide trapesium shaped space interfereing with the spaces around it and marked (I forget how) as being a womans parking space. Made me laugh anyway.

I have been searching for a picture of it but I cannot find one - someone please have one...

Chris

Never have that problem!

Most seem to mouth the words "oh S*** ITS A WOMAN IN A BIG LANDROVER ......LET HER THROUGH"!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's why my 1m56 'tall' wife liked the 110 as well. That plus the fact that she is Brazilian and drives like one...