NEC

Hillbilly Raider

This was on Central News last night and it looked like it was full of boy racers and promo girls (only half of them knew what NEC stood for when asked!) It looked like it was aimed at the body kit crowd.

Did I miss something?

Perhaps I was better off visiting the London Boat Show yesterday then. :)

Chris

Perhaps I was better off visiting the London Boat Show yesterday then. :)

Chris

Chris,, the day to go to the boat show, is the first day (VIP day) ,, worth the extra couple of quid,, avoids all the "sun" readers !!! :P

Now you are a freelander expert, could give you a job for a day, to get in on the trade days :):)

Chris,, the day to go to the boat show, is the first day (VIP day) ,, worth the extra couple of quid,, avoids all the "sun" readers !!! :P

Now you are a freelander expert, could give you a job for a day, to get in on the trade days :):)

Freelander expert? I will not be one of those until I have mended it! :( It is sat waiting on the drive for me to have the enthusiasm for it. F'ing thing.

Chris

This was on Central News last night and it looked like it was full of boy racers and promo girls (only half of them knew what NEC stood for when asked!) It looked like it was aimed at the body kit crowd.

Did I miss something?

There are distinct parts to the show and the neon bolt ons form a small part. There are a number of clubs represented there from F1 to BORC. You also have a number of works rally cars there and most of the supplier of the kit, some of which is of interest to off roaders. Of interest to me last year, for example, was ETAs circuit breakers which remove the need for fuses and relays. It was good to see the products and get advice direct from the firm. During the course of the year I was able to pick some up on ebay for next to nothing and now my racer has no fuses and one relay. Also you have people like GKN there with their CV's and driveshafts, numerous other machining firms, ceramic exhaust coatings, all the brake people, engine management firms, rod ends, poly bushes, intercoolers, Quaife and others, off road wheels, bespoke throttle cables (on this years shopping list).

If your interested in going your own way with modifying rather than bolt ons then the show is a gold mine but you need to go on the trade days.

Didnt say I was going! asked if others were.... conversation type thing ye know! :D

I didn't assume you were ;) just that it has been known for multi events at the NEC on the same weekend and couldn't be fussed to trawl the tinternet to find out :)