VIN and engine nos

Exmoor Beast

I was looking at my 110s log book earlier and noticed the engine number on there started 19J... Isn't that the old TD prefix? the engine in it is a 200TDi.

Not knowing exactly where to look I opened the bonnet and found 612 L 01180A stamped on the block, is that the engine number?

next thing was on the VIN plate I have the following listed:

6550 KGs GCW

3050 KGs GVW

1320 KGs front

2150 KGs rear

is GCW Gross coupled weight (as in trailer + vehicle)? Just curious really...

Will :)

From your engine number you have 12L, which is 200tdi, the log book hasn't been changed to suit from the sound of it.

The GCW is the Gross Carriage (?) weight - same as Gross Train weight - combined vehicle and trailer.

GVW and the Front/Rear speak for themselves

I was looking at my 110s log book earlier and noticed the engine number on there started 19J... Isn't that the old TD prefix? the engine in it is a 200TDi.

Not knowing exactly where to look I opened the bonnet and found 612 L 01180A stamped on the block, is that the engine number?

It is not unknow for the engine number to be incorrect noted in the V5/logbook. I know of two other incidents where this has occurred.

No major drama why you own the vehicle, don't leave the UK and do not have a serious prang.

When travelling abroad though it could be a source of major hassle, likewise when selling vehicle or after a major accident.

Go to your local DVLA office and explain the situation and they will arrange for an amended V5 to be issued. In my situation that took 4 days (must be a record for DVLA) and no vehicle inspection was needed

Regards

Brendan

Will,

No need to go to your local VRO. Just fill out the V5C with the correct engine number, sign it and post it off to DVLA in Swansea. Job done.

As Al stated, 19J is the original TD engine. Your 200Tdi has the 12L prefix - which clearly wasn't notified to DVLA when the engine was changed.

Just to recap:

6550 KGs GCW ) Gross Carriage weight (subtracting the GVW from this figure shows the standard 3.5 tonne trailer weight that LR state)

3050 KGs GVW ) Gross vehicle weight

1320 KGs front) Axle weights

2150 KGs rear)

Matt

next thing was on the VIN plate I have the following listed:

6550 KGs GCW

3050 KGs GVW

1320 KGs front

2150 KGs rear

is GCW Gross coupled weight (as in trailer + vehicle)? Just curious really...

The 12L01180A is the engine number [Defender 200Tdi's are 11L]

GCW is gross combined weight vehicle + trailer.