Light Stone aka Desert Camo

Lars L

As can be seen in my avatar I've tried to paint my 110 in Light Stone to honor the fact that it did its part in the first Gulf war. The paint I used is mixed locally, from a recipe already in the mixer software. I don't however think that it looks quite right, a little too yellow and light.

Now, I've found a way to transport a bucket of MoD paint from Anchor Supplies to Sweden, but I wonder which paint to go for - matt or satin. I know that matt is matt with its drawbacks like sensitivity to oily fingers and such. But would satin look right?

satin gets my vote too - goes on very well with a roller too.

the colour on your avatar looks fine though - same as mine I reckon which is also light stone. mine looks a bit 'yellowy'but I think thats just when you compare it to the much more khaki colour they use at the moment.

Well, I removed the insulation I had glued onto the inside of the doors the other day which brought along quite a few flakes of old MoD paint. The desert paint that probably was slabbed on in the early 90s sure looks more brownish than the current paint job.

Eightpot, I stayed overnight at the B&B near the railway station in Kidderminster when I picked up my 110. B) :)

• 2 months later...
The proper desert colour that the MOD use has a pink tinge to it ooooooo eeerrrrr ;) as you can see on our new toys at work.

forks.jpg

the new paint is pink its developed so at night the vechels become almost in visable from a distance of about 200m with the reflection from the warm sand and cool air but stand out like a saw thumb at midday

the colour you used on the lany looks about right for the first golf it was design for the complet oppersit of the pink paint now used