130 CSW

Hi Guys,

I want to convert my 130 truckcab pickup into a Commercial station wagon, like the ones Foley do. I'd love just to pack mine off to Foley for them to do but sadly I can't afford it. I need a list of the bits I need, and has anyone got any usefull advice?

As I see it I need,

Roof - plan to get a 90 & 110 roof and get my engineer roof to mate the two together.

secondrow floorpan with B posts

Secondrow doors

Rear tub, Does anyone know which one Foley use it looks like a cut down 110 hardtop tub?

Rear side panels from a 110 hardtop again modified?

Rear door

Anyone can add anything else? I'd be gratefull of any advice?

Cheers

Matt

just put the bigger pictures above, better to see the long rear body & the long cab at the same time, not sure if I like the longer cab, but I'm sure rear seat passengers would. I like the blue one best [cos mines blue :D]

Lol I have to agree I was bouncing idfeas about earlier with dreadnought 110 and we both said we didn't like the 2nd one. I hope I can pull this project off!!

Just an idea matt but if i were you i wouldnt use a defender rear floor pan, yes the locker is huge but its carp, you fill it with all your gear, then fold the seats down and then put your other bits and bobs in the footwell. then you cant fold the seats forward to get to the locker.

What i would do is scrap that stupid bloody panel graft a front door top corner to a square one like a rear one and then you can build a nice locker/drawer on ball bearing runners that will pull out either side, then you could mount some raingie front seats or maybe another set of front seats in the back and you will have a very usefull and easily accessable space without having to move anything.

(sorry for the rant)

I also reckon you could do well buy making the inside of the rear body have wheel arches like a hi-cap or put some huge lockers in the body sides. to really maximise storage space.

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for your thoughts. I wasn't planning on having storage under the second row seats as I just want two individual rear seats and a large cubby box between the two holding all the maps and stuff. The rear will have wheel boxes like a 110 hard top a lot of the hydraulics will be put in the space under the wheel boxes. Eventually the plan will be to a roller shutter to the van sides like the old AA 110's.

Matt

:o what's brought this on Matt?

hardly seems right to do that to yours. where will all the mucky tools and gear go?

The fact we don't carry timber in the pickup anymore bought the trailer for that. We haven't enough secure Dry storage for the amount of kit we nmow carry it has to double up as the weekend driver too and trying to take all the camping kit and keeping it dry in the tub is a pain in the neck. It would also be handy to carry more than 1 pasenger.

Lots of people have suggested selling mine, but I doin't want to as I now know it mechanical condition. I love the 130 wheel base and really don't want to downsize to a 110. It was allways my intention to crewcab it eventually. I couldn't bear to sell it as it is and see some one else driving it!!

Matt. Listen to Muddy.

Defender back tub. Front seat box with two Defender seats. Cubby box between them. THREE dry ? if you seal them, storage boxes under each back seat and the cubby box.

In other words a full Defender base. I bet it works.

mike

I get what your saying mike, but it probably require chassis mountings moving etc etc where as with the standrad 2nd row seating aet up all the existing mounting points are on my chassis. What ever I do in the end I will have to cut down a 110 hardtop tub as there isn't one that will just drop on as they are to long or to short. regardless of seat boxes

There's two places to have a look

Foleys. If they're at Peterbrough.

The 130 hearse could be worth a look underneat. Not inside :blink::rolleyes:

mike

LOL! the camera will be armed for p'boro Mike its the only reason I'm going to have a look for ideas!

Guest diesel_jim
If Foley are ther have a look at their twin rear shock mounts....

Are you there all weekend ?

mike

I've fitted all the brackets for twin rear shocks on my project110.

I drilled the chassis with the "triangle" pattern bolt holes to take a stock upper bracket. and welded on a pair of lower axle brackets, but swapped sides left to right (then turned them "around"), i'll post some piccies up later if anyone wants.

I've just got to have the brackets weld to the axle. Then the left side of the chassis to drill. The right side is already drilled ?? Why ?? I have no idea.

mike

On earlier 110s the shocks were mounted one forward one behind the axle. this changed i think with 300tdi. I found this when i fitted a disk salisbury to my 83 110 and had to move the shock mounts and found i already had all the relevant holes in the chassis .

I have since fitted twin shocks at the rear same as jims going to do and it transforms the ride and handling whilst spreading the extra shock loadings over a large chassis area. (i have heard of twin front shocks causing the front spring mounts on the chassis to fail).

Guest diesel_jim
I've just got to have the brackets weld to the axle. Then the left side of the chassis to drill. The right side is already drilled ?? Why ?? I have no idea.

mike

Here's mine:

post-130-1220879222_thumb.jpg

post-130-1220879251_thumb.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

I cut the new bracket to fit the original,

can't quite remember the size, but it was a wedge shape, i just offered it up, kept wiggling it until it was at the same angle as the "other" side, drew a line with a pen and let Mr Angle grinder do the rest.

nothing elementary about it... which means it probably won't work. :lol:

That is exacly the same as how ive done it. cut down the new brackets till it fitted right. Survived a thrashing in the desert without any complaints and realy keeps the back in check. only issue ive had is that the rear shocks seem to have an appetite for the lower bushes. ive check alignment and its all good so probably down to carp bushes.