Abingdon 4x4 festival

TJN

• 3 weeks later...
I was meant to go with my neighbour but the wife has other plans.

I've not had my 90 long so it hasn't gone any where near off road yet.

Whats Abingdon like?

Its a really good non damaging course nothing extreme or too serious just a bit of fun. If you google Abingdon 4x4 festival there is a link to a video i took and posted on youtube from my vehicle last year.

I will be there with a few friends from work, Disco 1, 200 tdi 110 and 56 RR Sport! Would of had LR4X4 stickers but not arrived or had any info on them (Les?)

TJ

It was fantastic! A very well laid out course, and all in aid of charity. Went round 5 times with no recovery ;) Interesting to see a shiny Nissan X-Trail in front of me. He did the first two sections then on the third got towed off the course! The salesman probably said 'yeah this goes anywhere off road mate'.

some guy in a 90 still managed to put it on its side going up a small hill :lol:

:lol: Far too much enthusiasm & right foot....... :ph34r:

Did anybody see how the 3door RAV4 got on, Sunday? Couple of young lads were going to have fun! :lol::blink: (obviously hairdressers) :P

Amazed me, how many peeps turn up with toolboxes, trolley jacks etc wandering around the back and 3 kids in the rear seats, but nothing to prevent them meeting! :blink:

(sorry if you were one of those, that had to take stuff out) :P

Tony

scrutineer, and general annoyance :ph34r:

(aka Captain Cabletie)

• 2 weeks later...

The folk scrutineering did a good job IMHO as I noticed exactly the same, loads of un-secured gear in the back just itching to join those in the front!

Incidentally the RAV4 did okay even on road tyres - the weight advantage certainly helped. Good fun weekend.