Recip Maxi 3D Tyres??

Mate of mine got a set of these Recip trail tyres in 265/70 16 at Sodbury for his hybrid. Hes well impressed - they are pretty quiet on the road (much quieter than he expected) and were great for climbing out of ruts - the side biters on the tyres really seemed to work.

Bets bit: He paid £220 for a set of 5

• 2 years later...

Yeah i run these on my bobtail.

On the road they are noisy and skittish, so i don't drive them very fast.

Offroad however they are amazing, they make my poor driving look good! :D I'd quite happily pick them over grizzlies, special tracks or any other aggressive tyre available in 32". Though next time i'll go for something else cause i like to be different if possible.

On the other hand though i know someone who had a severe delamination of one of these which isn't very good.

You can get them from tyres direct or oec international and i think sowdens tyres are doing them now

Nick

A mate had them on suzuki and they were appalling. He was the only one failing on relatively easy stuff. They appeared to fill with mud very easily and became no more effective than slicks! I bet on rocky surfaces they would be great but here on our clay/mud I was not impressed. They do look good though!

A mate had them on suzuki and they were appalling. He was the only one failing on relatively easy stuff. They appeared to fill with mud very easily and became no more effective than slicks! I bet on rocky surfaces they would be great but here on our clay/mud I was not impressed. They do look good though!

now that does surprise me, as the tread is soooo open i'm a little unsure how they would totally block up to become slicks - where other closer tread patterns (bfg muds, special tracks, machos etc) would not block up. or are you talking about the recip trail instead of the recip 3d?

ps do these people actually sell tyres - http://www.transglobaltyres.com/4x4.html - cos everytime i go on i get loads of popups and whenever i search for owt i just get loads of spurious links to haridressers and stuff...... :huh:

do a search for "recip maxi 3d" and see what you get!

I'm pretty sure your thinking about the other recip tyre (ie the one based on baja claws). They are rubbish in mud/clay for exactly the reason you say but excellent on rock or dry dirt, cause that is what they are designed for.

Closest thing that looks like a maxi 3d are "dumper style" chevon tyres

Nick

post-6293-1203685841_thumb.jpg