New member, and new 300tdi Defender!

Harrod

Morning all,

Finally i have managed to find a donor vehicle so my conversion can start! My 1986 110 2.5NA is finally getting its 300TDi!

£500 quid for a range rover classic with a low mileage disco engine in it... Not bad!

So now the questions! Can i use the Power steering? It has the same bolt pattern on the box, 4 bolt, and i'll need to get some pipe work made up but is there anything i need to be aware of?

Also, the range rover has a rear disc axle, can i swap just the rear axles, or do i need to do both?

More will follow, but i've already used the tech library to answer many q's. Fantastic!

Dave

Morning all,

Finally i have managed to find a donor vehicle so my conversion can start! My 1986 110 2.5NA is finally getting its 300TDi!

£500 quid for a range rover classic with a low mileage disco engine in it... Not bad!

So now the questions! Can i use the Power steering? It has the same bolt pattern on the box, 4 bolt, and i'll need to get some pipe work made up but is there anything i need to be aware of?

Also, the range rover has a rear disc axle, can i swap just the rear axles, or do i need to do both?

More will follow, but i've already used the tech library to answer many q's. Fantastic!

Dave

Yes you can use the power steering it all fits.

The rear axle fits too, if it has the rubber donut to the prop, then you need to change the diff flange to the four hole defender type

Yes you can use the power steering it all fits.

The rear axle fits too, if it has the rubber donut to the prop, then you need to change the diff flange to the four hole defender type

Nice one, thankyou very much! is it worth changing the front one aswell? I noticed the front brakes have two hoses, whereas the defender ones only have one. does this mean i need to use the master cylinder from the range rover, or the calipers from the defender? I haven't looked at the rear calipers.

RR Classic or Discovery rear axle will fit but as others have said, longer prop required & it won't take the 110's maximum laden weight.

i'll just concentrate on getting the engine in for now then! i think the RRC came with an R380 box, can you tell me how to confirm it is?