FAO Admin; anyone else unable to reach this forum on dial up?

02GF74

I cannot reach this forum via dial up? I see the progress bar in lower right corner (Explorer) move a little bit then after 5 mins error; site unavailble or some such error. I used to be able to reach it about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Not sure if it is just me who has this problem :(

Morning O2.

Whether you are dial-up or BB shouldn't make any difference to accessing this site - just how quickly it does it possibly. Dial up is generally just a slower connection speed of those that are available at present.

Could you maybe pedal a bit faster? :D

Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Les.

I use dialup at home all the time, no BB here, and our connection at work is a 64K (so similar speed) shared between about 20 computers (which is why I do all mine before anybody else gets to work, like now).

Works for me, though downloading Read.jpg can take a while :huh:

I cannot reach this forum via dial up? I see the progress bar in lower right corner (Explorer) move a little bit then after 5 mins error; site unavailble or some such error. I used to be able to reach it about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Not sure if it is just me who has this problem :(

that's what I ouwld have expected; oh well, looks like it is just me. must get some fatter wires for the telephone.

This is one of the quickest sites I have ever seen, at 56K: ~5-15 sec to load a page without photos. Could be your ISP?

Even works on my posh new mobile - though it's best to switch to the Lo-Fi version (link at bottom of every page). Get's rid of certain members' enormous avatars, among other things... It's also a much easier layout to use on a small screen.

O2GF74 - if you're having trouble with a slow connection, you might want to try the Lo-Fi version. You can't post from it but it's very 'light' for reading.

'Fraid it sounds like you've just got a pants internet connection - next time it's playing up, open a command prompt and type:

tracert forums.lr4x4.com

then copy and paste the output into a PM to me and I'll see if I can spot where the problem is.