roof console

madmatt

Not a truckcab but the ideas the same.

IMGP6754.jpg

morroco20072303026.jpg

Shell is made out of 4mm ply let into a frame made of softwood routed to make it 1/4 round and then rebated to take the ply.

it mounts to the top two bolts of the rear view mirror and to my cage at the back though it would have been just as easy to use the mounting holes for the interior light.

Theres a drop down storage tray that holds os maps (like on the arb roof console) and its now covered in light Grey vinal (i cant find a current pic now and im driving the landy to Tunisia in the morning so will sort one out in a few weeks if your interested and ive got all the sand off everything lol)

the ally plates hold my computer hdd which runs my radio mp3 memory map satnav etc

morroco20072303038.jpg

cheers folks.

How have you all secured yur consoles to your roofs?

it mounts to the top two bolts of the rear view mirror and to my cage at the back though it would have been just as easy to use the mounting holes for the interior light.
Edd,

How did you custom make the center console to house the touch screen. I'm still figuring out the best way to mount mine. for now it's one of those suction windshield mount.

The screen is fiberglassed into a cut about td5 center console. the screen is a linitx screen. for more car pc stuff go to www.digital-car.co.uk and search for land rover im sure ive uploaded pics.

Edd