KM or KM2

Also, the KM2 is very simular to the krawler- that being a rock crawing tyre, i.e not designed to perform as well in the mud? Maybe the KM2 has different cleaning capabilities for mud etc.??? Although as said above, the original KM has been tried and tested by nearly everyone! It is a fantastic tyre all round.

I saw it "in the rubber" in Moab and it's a very nice tire.

Also we travelled in a 110 with 285/75 from Colorado to Utah for a whole day and on tarmac it's very quiet and safe.

I'd give it a try especially if the price is the same!

;)

Interesting that there is no mention of the KM2 on the UK BFG website and I can't find any dealers for the KM2 in the UK.

Is it just that they don't market it under that name over here? Sounds unlikely. Given the different tread pattern it looks like they either haven't launched it or haven't got approval for it. Personally I'd avoid (you don't want to find it invalidates your insurance or something like that).

Interesting that there is no mention of the KM2 on the UK BFG website and I can't find any dealers for the KM2 in the UK.

Is it just that they don't market it under that name over here? Sounds unlikely. Given the different tread pattern it looks like they either haven't launched it or haven't got approval for it. Personally I'd avoid (you don't want to find it invalidates your insurance or something like that).

Like i said earlier, its NOT E marked so isnt technically legal - however you can get it in the UK, Devon 4x4 can get them.

Like i said earlier, its NOT E marked so isnt technically legal - however you can get it in the UK, Devon 4x4 can get them.

Not legal = don't do it in my simple book. Fine if you're only using them on P&P sites but I wouldn't take them on the road. As I say - insurance companies will use this against you if they find out, not to mention the police.

I am not certain that they are not legal. ISTR that there is something about them being legal in the UK as long as they conform to a certain set of specifications - and that being (US) DOT approved would mean that they do meet them - even without an -E- mark. Any tyre that says 'Not for highway use' should not be used... obviously.

Chris

I am not certain that they are not legal. ISTR that there is something about them being legal in the UK as long as they conform to a certain set of specifications - and that being (US) DOT approved would mean that they do meet them - even without an -E- mark. Any tyre that says 'Not for highway use' should not be used... obviously.

The tyres on Japanese imported cars seem to be OK and pass SVA AFAIK. In fact, does the SVA manual mention tyre markings?

Chris