Insurance how far do you go ??

mudmuncher

Hi All

I have replaced my 2.25 diesel engine with a 200TDI i thought it was best to do the right thing and tell the insurance company

To my surprise there is no increase on the price but they want a engineers report on the work completed !!!

The work was complete by a private mechanic which is also a friend so how do i provide a report , will a statement from him be good enough ???

Also how far do you go declaring mods/ changes eg parabolics, guards, lift shackles, a bar winch bumper tyres etc do you declare every nut and bolt :unsure:

cheers chris

Also how far do you go declaring mods/ changes eg parabolics, guards, lift shackles, a bar winch bumper tyres etc do you declare every nut and bolt

I declare EVERYTHING: new wheels, tyres, steering guard, new roof rack, winch & bumper AND take photos which I post to them recorded delivery.

That way they have no room at all to wriggle if I have to claim.

So far they (NFU) have been superb, but I don't rust any of them when it comes to paying out.

mad

A few years back I had to get an engineers report for a motorbike (which I repaired after a crash) when I asked them how I'd go about getting an engineers report they said that an MOT was acceptable as an engineers report, so even though it still had 6 months MOT, I had to go and get another and send a copy of the MOT off.

Not sure if the same applies, but the easiest thing to do is the same as I did - which is ask the company who are asking for the report - they should be able to tell you what is OK.

As for Mods, I declared anything non original type - ie I declared a roll bar, but I didn't declare going from a hardtop to a truck cab as I don't see that, that should count - it's all original type and is insured as a LANDROVER 88" DIESEL, so nothing says if it's a truck cab or hard top.

Only thing I can think of which isn't declared is the tyres, but only as I didn't think of them until the poster above posted.

Still not sure if tyres needs declaring?

Declare EVERYTHING. Better still get agreed value on it and send them photos of the truck. It makes sod all difference to the premium and is added piece of mind that should the worst happen they're not going to argue with you, or potentially void your insurance which then leaves you open to criminal proceedings.

I pay more or less the same for my truck now, owning up to everything, agreed value etc as I did when I first insured the truck as bog standard.

Jon

Declare EVERYTHING. Better still get agreed value on it and send them photos of the truck. It makes sod all difference to the premium and is added piece of mind that should the worst happen they're not going to argue with you, or potentially void your insurance which then leaves you open to criminal proceedings.

I pay more or less the same for my truck now, owning up to everything, agreed value etc as I did when I first insured the truck as bog standard.

Jon

My insurer (Lancaster) offered me agreed valuation.

How do you get it certified?