Trust no one

roybatty666

Like a lot of people on here I do virtually all my own work on the LR

Unfortunately I was bested by my A-frame ball joint as my 10 ton press couldn't shift it, so I popped into a local garage with the new ball joint and even the outside tube part of an official LR radius arm bush tool (which was the perfect size) to seat the new one.

Just got home and have found the monkeys have not noticed the seating collar wasn't on the flange of the ball joint but an inch higher up on one side sitting on the gaiter and pressed down and put a small split in it :angry:

Now a bit of glue alla super will fix it so that is a non issue but just the fact they screwed it up and didn't tell me and took a tenner for the deed bugs me, also there is a press mark on the back so it looks like they either partially or fully seated it then noticed the bolt holes were out of line and pushed it out again and did it again

The one thing (and a small thing at that), that I trust to someone else and they can't do that right.

rant over :P

An excuse to look for a bigger press I suppose :lol:

Have pity on the vast majority of folks who have to entrust most of the work to others.

You are still in a fortunate position to have the skills, gear and time to do as much as you do.

That said - its frustrating that folk take money but don't take any care.

Have pity on the vast majority of folks who have to entrust most of the work to others.

You are still in a fortunate position to have the skills, gear and time to do as much as you do.

That said - its frustrating that folk take money but don't take any care.

I am loving my little cramped garage after never having one before, being able to work when its raining and not worrying about my legs getting run over in the road is also a plus :P

pah luxury,try working outside all weathers all year as a heavy plant fitter!!!!!!!!!!

Okay okay well try sitting on your butt all day long in the warm doing database and application development whilst drinking Tea and looking at the hot call center chicks in skimpy clothes!!!

See my job is far tougher.....

....oh wait