Which beadlock wheels?

Stazworks are one choice - these are IMHO the best. However, you have also ruled out Allied (due to price) and Mach 5's (due to availability) which means you're into the the land of Home Brew Specials. Some people are running these happily but they are then modified rims so you'll have the book thrown at you if a traffic officer who know's what he's doing pulls you.

I'd work on a figure of £300 a corner (delivered) for Stazworks.

Some people are running these happily but they are then modified rims so you'll have the book thrown at you if a traffic officer who know's what he's doing pulls you.

If internal pnuematic beadlocks require a second valve hole drilling in the rim then would these also have the same legal implications?

When I get some pictures Monday of the portal rover's double beadlocks I shall put them on here just in case anyone else is interested etc.

I have also emailed MRW wheels today as they say that custom backspacing is done at no extra cost. Sounds good, also their price isn't too bad. The only draw back is they are in America, I should find out Monday what it will cost me in shipping to get them over here, then I can go from there ;)

Right exact prices:

Cost of x5 wheels £906

cost of shipping to Utah £81

cost of shipping to UK £416

Taxes £144

you can knock off £81 if John ships direct

£1466/5= £293 and a few pence

but the dollar has risen a bit since May when I paid

Jim, I just can't justify spending that much money of wheels. Anything that I try and get from America will cost a bomb in shipping and tax. And over here there just isn't anything...........£210 on a mach 5 beadlock. I think not!

And a bit of a think, I have already got some 16" beadlocks and atm it would be much cheaper to run some maxxis creepys and sell the mickey's. The maxxis are around £130 per tyre, from what I have heard they still perform well. i would have liked to run the mickey's but it just seems like it is going to cost me more money than its worth and a hassle trying to find some wheels!

fit the 16s and the creepys then mate. makes sense financially and you can spend more time having fun and less time stressing over what to buy or what you can afford to buy.

enjoy your bobtail, and hell, if they clog up a bit more, use more loud pedal. I personally have more fun getting muddy than I do if I manage everything I try.

life's too short, and I reckon there must be some other decent 16inch compliant tyres out there? fedimas?

yep, exactly Jim

If they clog more then more air will be removed :P

The fedima's say a 35" tyre but they are more like 36" onwards, which for me is too big. I want to keep my obtail as low as possible whilst running the biggest size tyres for that lift. That is 70mm spring lift means I can run a 35" tyre with no problems with rubbing etc.

ah but is it my imagination or are the fedimas not a narrow tyre too... thus less chance of rubbing...

then again, real deal 35inch simex are only 20 quid more a tyre or something arent they?

but yeah the crawlers should be just fine!

I thought about running the simex in 35/10.5 but they have now gone upto £175 each. A creepy is around £130, that suits me for what I do

I do remember someone getting 35/12.5/1s for £115 all in with P&P.

But you can not get them in 35/10.5/16s as I reied and even asked them if they are going to make any and the answer was no. Not till more people ask for them.

Paul

Yes there sure was Ross, they were in Scotland and sold last month. Although if a set comes up I will consider those first.

I have just had a quick fly through ebay and found quite a tasty deal. 35/12.5 16 creepy £119.75 inc. vat and p+p each. I have email the guy to see if his shop has 5 in stock, if he does I will have them........all thanks to Paul! Cheers

i had forgotten about ghetto beadlocks and don't quite have the energy to go searching for the original thread i read on pirate, but here's some

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723263

for the price of some cheapo 8 spokes or modulars, might work as interim until you can afford some stazzies or the like.

i'm afraid, however, i can't speak from personal experience of this. could be worth a trawl of old pirate posts to see how folk got on with it. i'm assuming, however, that proper beadlocks exist for a reason.

Cheers for that,

I am still having all dorts of problems really with this issue.

I emailed portal rover and MRW, neither have got back to me.

So I then thought go for the maxis creepy's on my other modulars, found a good price then I found after emails that maxxis are constantly changing prices etc. so this particular company didn't know when they would get the next lot in andf how much they would be. But this still does not solve my problem, as I want to run the mickey thompson's as they perform really well, look great etc. I might just get some standard mach 5's without the beadlocks, but then I will not be able to run my low pressures!

can you not run them with the mach 5s for a little while, use semi-sensible pressures and then save up and get them beadlocked later?

I would imagine youd have to be doing some serious stuff to actually 'need' beadlocks. bonus is, you can get out there and play sooner