cutting windows

hi I am planning to cut a window in the left hand side of my 90 truckcab, to improve my visibility whilst driving in France. I have sourced a glass and rubber from a renault express, but I will have to cut into the lateral reinforcing bar in the truckcab.

Can anyone give me any tips in this procedure, ( can I simply cut the hole with a jigsaw? )

all the best Marc :(

if tha's your 90 in your avatar, it's a hardtop not a truckcab, just carefully measure twice & cut once, the rib in the side panel can be removed completly as the new window will stiffen the side panel once the window is fitted.

I knew it was a hardtop :blink:

I knew it was a hardtop :blink:

as western says drill thru the spotwelds on the strengthener and remove - then measure - ideally measure the apperture in a renault master if this is where the glass is coming from. mark it out with soft pencil - check & double check. when yr happy drill hole in corner then its best to use an air nibbler imho.