300tdi Loom Part Number Identification

HI all,

Finishing off the hybrid, and need to get hold of the chassis (rear section) loom for a 300tdi 90 Defender. Thing is, on microcat there are loads of different options and change points. I need one for a CSW spec vehicle, heated rear screen, side (not rear) mounted fuel tank, manual transmission.

does anyone own a 300tdi 90 that fits this spec, and would they be willing to PM the VIN number so i can stick it into microcat to work out the right part number? Or failing that Ralph do you think you might be able to work one of your miracles?

thanks in advance

Guest diesel_jim

For a county 90 with heated rear window (and it says "internal fual pump.... but Tdi's don't have those, i think it's (yet another) typo on microcat) it's AMR5869 (formerly AMR3448 before superceding) and is quite cheap...£393.63 from genuine parts! :o

(I used a friends VIN, who has a 300Tdi county hard top 90 (same internal wiring as a SW)

Guest diesel_jim
For a county 90 with heated rear window (and it says "internal fual pump.... but Tdi's don't have those, i think it's (yet another) typo on microcat) it's AMR5869 (formerly AMR3448 before superceding) and is quite cheap...£393.63 from genuine parts! :o

(I used a friends VIN, who has a 300Tdi county hard top 90 (same internal wiring as a SW)

I've just checked in my paper 1995MY 300Tdi 90 parts book, and it shows AMR3449 to be the chassis harness with HRW petrol or diesel. AMR3448 is shown (in this book) as not having HRW. :blink::blink:

and being 300Tdi (and 1995) it'll be the multiloom plug. It's the one i bought when i built my 300 90 (As i had a late 300 bulkhead)

• 1 year later...

Reviving this post rather than starting a new one so that hopefully it might be useful for those in future.

Situation so far, 200tdi connected to an ashcroft short bellhousing R380 on a new galv chassis, running a 300tdi engine and bulkhead loom and electrical system (dash, lights etc).

It is simply not possible to find, new or second hand, a 300tdi chassis loom, no one has them. Therefore i've bought a 200tdi loom from Autosparks and will modify it to suit the multiplug connectors on the 300/td5 era lights and also to marry up with the 300tdi engine/bulkhead multiplug connectors.

I have bought the requisite loom fittings to plug onto the rear lights, but i need help tracking down the chassis loom multiplug connectors that connect to the engine/bulkhead loom. I presume these are commercially available, i just don't know where to start looking?

The truck is not in front of me to take photos of, it's about 4000 miles away, so it makes it a bit harder to explain what it is i'm on about but that's what this forum has always been good at, answering the more unique questions.

As you don't have access to the vehicle at the moment, could you identify the connectors you're looking for from the Defender Electrical Library in the appropriate edition of RAVE, which can be downloaded from here -

http://green-oval.com/

I will have a look through my RAVEs and see what I can identify (when I get back from the Sales with SWMBO :( )

I have found a photo of the loom connectors actually, ignore the yellow one, that is the bulkhead loom to engine loom connector and is now mated.

Is it possible to ID the other conenctors, ie what they serve and where I can buy the mating halves?

post-150-126183618185_thumb.jpg

"It is simply not possible to find, new or second hand, a 300tdi chassis loom, no one has them. Therefore i've bought a 200tdi loom from Autosparks and will modify it to suit the multiplug connectors on the 300/td5 era lights and also to marry up with the 300tdi engine/bulkhead multiplug connector"

Have you tried phoning either CWS at Glastonbury or even Charles Benson in Cleveland as that's where i got my 300 tdi chassis loom from for £30.00 it's from a 110 and is in my 90 chassis now does the same job just a tad longer that's all, Look in LRO etc. for the numbers

John

The 'yellow' one is definately an AMP Econoseal 13-way female connector.

From RAVE -

th_C162.jpg . th_C448.jpg

From Polevolt -

ESC13F-195.jpg . ESC13M-195.jpg

The other connectors also look like AMP Econoseal connectors, both from your picture and from the diagrams/pictures in my RAVE covering the 97MY 300TDi Defender -

th_C376.jpg . th_C390.jpg

th_C377.jpg . th_C391.jpg

th_C378.jpg . th_C392.jpg

The standard black connectors are easy enough to get, from either Polevolt or Simtek - but the white 6-way one is going to be hard to get.

You would probably be better off replacing the white connector with a pair of new black ones, but with the male/female halves swapped around on their respective looms, so that you can't inadvertantly plug the wrong connectors together (I hope that made sense :unsure: )