Kipor Generators ?

TJ101

As it says really,,

Are these Kipor generators any good, :unsure:

OK, Know they are chinese, and a Honda copy, but are 2/3rds the price,

Anyone got one, or experience of them

Did hear Honda were trying to shut them down, or similar due to copyright ??

TIA

My father in Zimbabwe bought big one (14KW I think) over a year ago. It's been running the entire household load there (fridge, freezers, stove, lights TV, satellite.. everything) almost daily since then on very poor diesel & not missed a beat yet. Had a look at it when I out a month or so back & most impressed with finish and fit. Manual was a bit 'chinglish' but I've seen far worse.

You must have seen mine running Tim? Tea urn last weekend? I have a sine wave (yellow) 3kva - and think it's brilliant!

It has hundreds of hours run time on it now and has been faultless. It's pretty quiet and produces good quality mains.

I would go for the sine wave version. The other red ones will not run a lot of appliances with motors.

Si

Thanks Guys

Ah,, so that was one Si,, certainly runs quite enough, especially off load , yours must have been on most of the weekend

Looking at the 2.6kva (yellow) one, also for the boat, and to take to events, general use etc,

Very much doubt it will have extensive use, so can not see the point of spending 3 times the amount on a Honda unit ??

I had the impression from somewhere that it was the Chinese factory making Honda generators (cheaply for Honda) who decided to start branding the generators as their own and selling them. If that is true it would mean that you are effectively buying a Honda genny, albeit with a different name and without Honda back-up. I cannot remember where I heard it though.

Chris

Thanks Chris,, Yep, heard something like that, from somewhere :unsure: and Honda not happy !!

Found some info !! We must have been boating !!

Honda seizes Kipor generators

Honda (UK) has seized and disposed of a UK company's entire stock of Kipor generators in accordance with the terms of a UK Court Order.

In September 2006, Honda announced it had obtained an Order from the High Court of Justice restraining Procurement UK Limited from importing and selling certain Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd (Kipor) generators in the United Kingdom.

Despite the Court Order, stock of the infringing Kipor models known as KGE1000tsi, KGE1300tc, KGE1300tsc, KGE2000tc, KGE2000ti, KGE3000tc and KGE3000ti has continued to enter the UK.

Primarily manufactured in China and sold in the United Kingdom under the name of the manufacturer or distributor, these generators utilise Honda's patented technology without permission, therefore infringing Honda's UK patents.

Honda (UK) has now carried out its "Big Crush" (pictured) and warns competitors that it will "always take action against those willing to flaunt the law".

Motor Boats Monthly, 12 March 2007

PS

LR content ,, Generator needed to repair LR on events :o

More re the ones on e-bay May 2008

Honda has seized and destroyed a further 50 Kipor generators, after discovering the products for sale on Ebay.

The Intellectual Property Department of Honda Motor Europe Ltd. recently discovered the generators for sale on the auction site. All of the stock held by the seller was subsequently returned to Honda for destruction at HLC Swindon.

The action follows a similar disposal in June 2007, when a UK company's entire UK stock of Kipor generators was seized and destroyed by Honda, as a result of an Order from the High Court of Justice restraining Procurement (UK) Ltd. from infringing its state-of-the-art generator technology with regards to the importation and sale of certain Wuxi Kipor Power Co. Ltd generators in the UK.

The ruling relates in particular to Honda's EU Series Generators, including model numbers EU10i and EU20i, which use technology so advanced it is the subject of patent protection including, but not limited to, European Patent (UK) No. 1 069 293.

Despite the Court Order-, stock of the models known as KGE980tc, KGE1000ti, KGE1000tsi, KGE1300tc, KGE1300tsc, KGE2000tc, KGE2000ti, KGE2000tsi, KGE3000tc, KGE3000ti and KGE3000thi continue to enter the UK.

Primarily manufactured in China and sold in the United Kingdom under the name of the manufacturer or distributor, these unlawfully imported- generators utilise Honda's patented technology without permission and therefore infringe Honda's UK patent.

Geoff Matthews, General Manager of Honda (UK) Power Equipment comments:

'As a leading global provider of generators and other power products, it is vital that we protect our patents in order to allow our R&D teams to continue to innovate for the benefit of our customers. Our products are widely regarded as among the best in the world, and we'll continue to take a strong line with any company which breaches the law in this way.'