Discovery I - wading plugs

john01473

as you are probably aware john the water will come in through the door seals etc and the carpet will stink for weeks trust me, as its been said there was wading bits on ebay so worth a look but the cheaper option for a snorkel is the b&q option out of 63mm guttering there is a few pictures on here and if it breaks a fiver buys another lenght of 63mm,chris.

I got my wading plugs from ebay for about £3 they blank the bottom of the gearbox and the cam belt housing,im sure theres somewhere on the fuel pump that needs a breather to be raised as well but i have not done it yet.As for snorkles i bought a southdown wing adaptor off of ebay(£12) and used drain pipe as it covered my wing hole and really made the whole thing look erm not home made and im happy.To stop the carpets getting wet i filled/pumped silicon inside my door rubbers so they sealed perfectly and have been in up to the indicators for half a mile and its not leaked in any water yet,shame i cant say the same for my swivel housings :angry:

as you are probably aware john the water will come in through the door seals etc and the carpet will stink for weeks trust me, as its been said there was wading bits on ebay so worth a look but the cheaper option for a snorkel is the b&q option out of 63mm guttering there is a few pictures on here and if it breaks a fiver buys another lenght of 63mm,chris.

Wading Plugs - on e-bay use JGS 4x4. Sell for about £2 a set & the guy has 100% feedback.

Filthy

Wading Plugs - on e-bay use JGS 4x4. Sell for about £2 a set & the guy has 100% feedback.

Filthy

THANKS,

i have ordered the Timing Cover and Flywheel Wading Plugs.

are there any others i need? - i cant find diff breather extending tubes.

i take it that i take the plugs out when not wading.

cheers

Big John

yes, remove the wading plugs when not wading :) I saw wading kits for around £24 on ebay, as I remember, they had plugs aswell as extended breather pipes and the unions to fit it all.

Also, try southdown4x4 for a snorkel, they do one a little cheaper then safari which sits on the top of the wing next to the A Pillar, and made of stainless. once it's in the engine bay, it's just a flexitube and fittings to your airbox.

This is the kit that I meant. Click

This saves the hassle of having to take them out and put them in and it also includes the transfer box which most people forget about. This kit includes front and rear axle, transfer box, bell housing and timing belt cover casing and enough tube to run the breathers as high as you like, even into the cab (a must have for lazy people like me :lol: ).

This is the kit that I meant. Click

This saves the hassle of having to take them out and put them in and it also includes the transfer box which most people forget about. This kit includes front and rear axle, transfer box, bell housing and timing belt cover casing and enough tube to run the breathers as high as you like, even into the cab (a must have for lazy people like me :lol: ).

The front diff wading plug tubes come up & tied onto wiring loom on left side above gear tunnel on bulkhead - behind turbo on a 300TDI Disco