Lost my Keys - to my 90.

Friday night my mate lost my house keys - with v8 keys on!

Saturday, another friend had a spare key, he has put somewhere that safe even he cant find it.

We know how easy it is to get into a 90 so that's not the problem.

Its an early defender so has a steering lock built in.

How do i go about smashing/removing this and then buying a replacement & some keys?

is there a number anywhere that i can call land rover up and ask for a replacement, or anywhere else for that matter?

Thanks in advance people!

Bob

So, you're explicitly asking how to effectively steal a landrover, on a public forum....

hmm, that's wise...

I don't have the power to make people do things, I would however have hoped that anyone who can help would PM me.

I am not a chav, I would hate to see anyone's truck getting f***ed with!

I post on here abit so im sure a few people know that i am not a 'New-Newbie' :)

If i can send off for a new key or something then that would be even better, i don't want to start smashing my pride and joy up. unless its up the quarry, having fun!

Any kind of help/point in the right direction is appreciated

Could you not just unbolt the lock barrel and fit a new one?

dont think its as simple as that, i will need to break my old one off.

i think you need a key to change locks without . . . force!

does anyone have any old/worn 90/110 keys kicking about? -sounds dodgy but ive been told old worn keys can work well enough (with abit of a wiggle)

cheers

Why not hide an extra set of keys somewhere in the chassis? Who cares if it takes half an hour to get them out of there, when you are hundreds of K's from home and locked the other set in.

Now I don't do this myself, but someone I know knows of someone who does. ;)

Why not hide an extra set of keys somewhere in the chassis? Who cares if it takes half an hour to get them out of there, when you are hundreds of K's from home and locked the other set in.

Now I don't do this myself, but someone I know knows of someone who does. ;)

Not a bad plan at all! - i have used duc'tape before, then the mud covers over the top and no1 is the wiser! :)

• 1 month later...
So, you're explicitly asking how to effectively steal a landrover, on a public forum....

hmm, that's wise...

I strongly support this motion... Si (the P-officer) had a thread in the international forum about people stealing defenders lately. Threads like this giving the scums ideas as to how to "BREAK"-N- dismantling the security of our " Sweethearts" should even not have been allowed! Don't mean to be cruel but it is like drawing a plan to rob the Bank of England!! :blink: B) :closedeyes:

:unsure: Alf.. I guess you are right!! Creativity is endless!! In the jungle, the impala uses his jumps to outwit the hungry lion- telling him to move to a much weaker prey! :o:o It is the easier targets who always get the hit!!

***An impala (Aepyceros melampus Greek αιπος, aipos "high" κερος, ceros "horn" + melas "black" pous "foot") is a medium-sized African antelope.