Spot light - relay

Hello everyone, just a quick question.

Has anyone got a diagram for a spot light relay.

I've wired up 4 Wipac 8" spot on the roof and 2 on the front. I also have 4 of the small wipacs under the front of the rack as a light bar.

I will be using a relay for every 2 wipacs.

I have run a medium weight power cable in a 'daisy chain' fashion to each pair of 8" wipacs.

All are earthed properly.

I have a fused power lead to each relay .

I also have a switch wired in and a wire run to the relay.

So I have the following wires.

power to lamp

power from battery

earth for relay

switch wire.

Can anyone please help with these issues, and help out with a diagram for the relay?

Thanks in advance.

Andi

• 2 months later...
HI, i have been wiring um some wipacs, and i just have to conect them to the main beem, there are thre wires conected to the headlight,a common pole, a blue/pink wire and a blue wire...

any one know which is the main beem wire is? :huh:

thx,

Stan

Would wiring them straight to the headlights, with no additional relays, put to much load on the existing wiring?

Would wiring them straight to the headlights, with no additional relays, put to much load on the existing wiring?

Yes & could cause you no end of wiring problems due to overheating, any additional lighting is best switched through a relay, this way the existing wiring loom has a easy & safe life with no extral loading passing through.