roll cage's again

bow

i know a lot of you guys fab your own cages, but I'm in the process of building my 90 up to be a budget comp truck, looking for a cage next, just fitted my truck cab, have a 200tdi motor to go in, a disco disco back axle I'm rebuilding to go on, the next job in line in the new year is a cage.

looked at whitbread's cage, like the price, but wonder if there is cheaper, cant find a price on norths site, a flat pack kit is ok, i have a good welder,and I'm certificated to build ROP/FOP frames and cages, used to build roll cages for plant equipment, problem being no longer have access to all the kit to fab my own, so any info on who is close to me and can supply flat pack kits at a reasonable price would be appreciated,

thanks in advance for any help you can give,

ATB

BOW..

Don't think its realy fair to compare P@P wing kits with North Off Roads ones.

The North Off Road kits is fully welded together and far more comprehensive with panels etc.

The P@P kits is just the bent bars which need to be notched and welded, something it is easy to make a right mess of if you aren't carefull.

Which kit people use depends on there fabricating skills and the end results they want.

People have been making tubular wings for years its just that North Off Road were the first people to sell them as a kit as far as I am aware so P@P can hardly be accused of ripping them off.

I have had dealings with both companies and found them both to be good to deal with and never had a problem with quality from either of them.

I bought my cage from performance and protection 3 years ago. I bought it in kit form. I was dissapointed when it arrived that none of the tubes are notched. It was however still very well made, there are no distortions in the tubes etc it just meant it took me a bit longer to fit. Im about to buy a north offroad cage and wingbars as ive taken mine off to build a kingcab.