phat sounds

derekk111

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=32047

Here's a use full thread. I just purchased another system so this little lot will be coming out. My requirements with all stereo fits are the same...they mustn't take up excessive room in the cargo area of the truck.

There are plenty of low profile subs on the market that utterlise their own amp and can be installed underneath the front drivers seats. They don't offer the same bass as a proper enclosure but you can't have the best of both worlds all of the time.

try and get hold of a harmon cardonn system out of a disco 2 or a p38 range rover as the sub in the disco 2 attaches to the inside of the rear door it measures about 24" long by 8"wide and is only 4" deep the amp goes under the passenger seat you then get a 3 way speaker set up in the front with the tweeters mounted on the a pillar plastics and the other 2 speakers in the doors and a pair of 6 1/2" speakers in the rear doors once this system is in i think it should sound how you want it to. ;)

try and get hold of a harmon cardonn system out of a disco 2 or a p38 range rover as the sub in the disco 2 attaches to the inside of the rear door it measures about 24" long by 8"wide and is only 4" deep the amp goes under the passenger seat you then get a 3 way speaker set up in the front with the tweeters mounted on the a pillar plastics and the other 2 speakers in the doors and a pair of 6 1/2" speakers in the rear doors once this system is in i think it should sound how you want it to. ;)

My mate's got the Harmann Kardon in his P38a. Awesome sound.

I've got one of these in place of one of the useless boot pockets - where the boot seats would mount:

basslink

It won't give the kick of twin 15" but adds in the missing bottom end quite nicely.

Combined with decent speakers in the factory positions, and a decent head unit with a cross over function, sounds awesome.

Has anyone been able to fit larger speakers in the front doors of a Disco I ?

I have some JL Audio speakers that fit the factory location but I also have some much better Rockford Fosgate component speakers that would be much better.

The location of the factory speaker in the door makes it difficult to use spacer rings....so I'm tempted to go down the 'make my own door pods' route.

Has any one done this here or do people keep to the smaller diameter speakers for the front stage?

Thx.

I fitted a set of Pioneers in the original place at the front, just about managed to squeeze them in. In the rear I fitted a pair of Boston Acoustic speakers, a 10" open boxed Sony sub and Alpine amp. This sounds pretty good but could be better. I'd be interested if you do make up some door pods, I very rarely use my front door pockets anyway!