induction kit 200 tdi

spartan

Hi everyone i got a range rover with a discovery 200 2.5 tdi engine ,and i want to install a k&n cone induction kit on it ,but i cant find a kit for a tdi200 ,all im finding is kits for a tdi300 ,i dnt know if it s compatable to my engine anyone that has an answer for me or experianced something like this can send me an e mail on: xop100@hotmail.com if its not a problem , thanks very much ill apreciate your help

As JST says, you would be better off fitting a k&n type element in the original airbox, cone filters are far too noisey and can get very annoying!!! The answer to you question is no, the 300 tdi has the compressor side of the turbo pointing towards the rear of the engine, whereas the 200 turbo is the other way around with the compressor housing facing the front.

For A Land Rover??? anyway all an under bonnet induction 'kit' will do under the hood is draw warm air which is opposite to what you want, your better off with a K&N Pannel filter and a smoothed air box, or make your self an induction kit down to the front headlight with a cold air feed, that way youl get a nice turbo noise aswell.

I had a new K&N filter on my Range Rover. When I took it off to clean and oil it, the pipework was full of fine dust... loads of it.. so I cleaned it all out and went back to a paper filter. A year later when I was changing the filter I checked the pipework and it was clean, if not a little oily. I chucked the K&N in the bin, thats the best place for them.

K&N Pannel filter are way better than standard landrover Shat, 1000000 mile guarantee for a reason, save in the long run,and are used world wide on every brand of vehicle!

fail_fail.jpg

Have some science to go with that. Just because the filter itself won't fall apart for 1,000,000 miles doesn't mean it's actually doing anything useful.