replacing starter motor on 3.9

stevegibbs

After trying everything else to eliminate other reasons why my 1994 3.9 will not turnover I think the starter motor is the problem. Reading other threads i see that many others have had problems with replacements is their one make that seems to be better than others and best place to get one asap.

Thanks Steve

After trying everything else to eliminate other reasons why my 1994 3.9 will not turnover I think the starter motor is the problem. Reading other threads i see that many others have had problems with replacements is their one make that seems to be better than others and best place to get one asap.

Thanks Steve

Rpi seem to like these, pretty sure they should know by now :lol:

On RPI's ebay shop http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hella-High-torque-ge...210129003r22472

^^^^^^^^^^

Check that the position of the soleniod will not cause probs jamming on the zorst etc, I

have known mates who have had problems with these and had to return for this very reason.

IMHO best Std Starter Motor is a Bosch, and if you can find

a motor factor with Genuine Bosch Reconditioned motors they are apparently "As New"

and normally aere sold as recond as they have a minor blemish / issue etc

DO NOT waste your money on prestosh*te

Nige

If it's just the solenoid that's gone you can buy them separately for some units, about £12 last one I bought.

Its full of black dust from brush wear and the comutator is burnt. So i will keep it for a spare get some new brushes and skim the rotor and fit a new solenoid but that will take time to do, so its a new one now.

Steve