Utilising the volume down button

mscowley

I've been wanting to put a bit of extra security on the car for a while and now I have it, Took about 30mins to do.

Ive took the cranking wire on the ignition switch cut it and took both bits up through the dash and run them on the

volume down button so now you have to put the key in the ignition turn the key to the cranking point and press the

button to start the car. :):)

starterbutton.jpg

Would you like to add your post code and house number, please??

It always amazes me what some people post on an open forum!!

Nice little trick, but the whole point of little things like this is that they are discreet............each to their own, though :rolleyes:

I've been wanting to put a bit of extra security on the car for a while and now I have it, Took about 30mins to do.

Ive took the cranking wire on the ignition switch cut it and took both bits up through the dash and run them on the

volume down button so now you have to put the key in the ignition turn the key to the cranking point and press the

button to start the car. :):)

starterbutton.jpg

good idea but will the copper contacts inside the switch take the current to operate the starter solenoid will it weld the contacts closed

thats fine guys but you've got to get around my cobra alarm and immobaliser aswell it was just a extra thing and how else are you surpose to offer the idea to others without writing it on here, I'll try and keep my idea's to myself next time.

I can't see the harm in that so much if there are other security lockouts, but what does make me wonder about the intelligence of the human race, is the fact that owners post images of their vehicle without blurring out the registration number or other very obvious local details.

That will tell some unscrupulous copper/clerk etc your home address.