new shocks

dave t

Just fitted some standard length Munro gas shocks all round.

Came with all the bits form a local Factor.

They're not so expensive as some and now give a much more stable ride with better cornering.

I'm Pleased!

Fitted some Monroe Adventurers from Paddocks to a mate's road going Disco 1 a few years back. Yes, they are a cheap option for a gas shock, but we decided they were way too soft. Towing became quite scary even with h/d rear springs.

In the end he splashed out a bit more for some de Carbons, the transformation was immediately obvious.

I have de Carbons on all my vehicles and rate them highly.

I find Monroes good as price:performance goes. If you have more money, the possibilities are enormous. Just keep away from OME (made by Monroe) which don't last at all. My Monroes were made in Belgium if that makes a difference.

I have a friend with a RR Classic with Ironman shocks at least 10 years old and still going strong.

I've tried several shock brands over the last few Disco's & found the PRO-COMP 9000 gas shocks to be very good for the £30 ish each. also available in longer versions for lift kits at little extra cost.

They are all pretty good & much of a muchness. . . . .

BUT

I would strongly advise AGAINST Terra-firma / Allmakes shocks, they're sh*te, especially the rears'

Your local Bearmach supplier will get PRO-COMP parts for you.

Filthy