Sorry to appear naive........

pw8757

Just in case someone has the "Golden Bullet" for this and can give me a response that will save me doing endless checks around the vehicle, my Disco is as smooth as you like until just about 70 (speedo reading, more like 65 according to those very helpful speed indicators the Police have kindly started leaving around the place). At this point a vibration starts, similar to unbalanced wheels and more at the rear of the vehicle. Definitely not coming up the steering column.

I have had all four wheels balanced at a local and reputable tyre outlet. This reduced, but did not eliminate the problem.

Running BFG AT's on original rims. 91k miles, nothing done to the back end since I got the vehicle @ 49k except new calipers and diff oil change about 12k ago. There is a small leak of oil from the diff..............

Any suggestions folks? All responses gratefully received.

Donut propshaft coupling is not fitted to V8's after vin VA710068.

My disco is a 97 with a vin VA74 and therefore does not have one.

Mmm, in that case, check radius arm bushes, both ends, a frame joint, wheel nuts..... and bearings...... could even be a uj in the prop...!!!

OK - thanks for the input folks!

Living up to the title of the thread, I checked this morning, saw all the advice up to Paesey's re the donut and was going near the dealership, so am the proud owner of a genuine LR replacement donut. Then I went under the vehicle.......... :angry:

I wish I'd seen Teabag's thread and I might have looked before................ :(

I have already got some Polybushes for the back end, so they can go on and I will see if that changes anything.

All the shockers were changed for De Carbon dampers just over two years (about 35k miles) ago (anyone had any problems with them please?)