magic liquid

bushwhacker

Is any of the additive stuff to seal a head leak any good? I have a slight leak between the head and block at the back of a 200tdi. I have nipped it doing the head gasket a few weeks ago and need a quick fix if possible. :(

There is no oil in the water at this stage.

Can anyone recommend which is best?

Or would it be better to wait and just strip it down?

Thanks

Do it properly. Change the gasket. Don't forget to check the head is true & undamaged.

The other way is to put the K-Seal in. Its one of the very few that actually work.

as above New gasget with lots of Silicon sealant ,DONT CUT Corners as it will come back & BITE you on the ASS !!!!

as above New gasget with lots of Silicon sealant ,DONT CUT Corners as it will come back & BITE you on the ASS !!!!

Noooo!

Sorry - but really not a good idea to use silicone sealant on a head gasket - it forms threads and blocks oilways!

If done properly, the head gasket should be fitted dry - no form of sealant required.

Matt

Listen to Matt - he's right!

Holts 'wonder weld' works pretty well - and lasts a long time too.

I fixed a cracked block with it and it lasted 50k!

Likewise K-Seal is pretty good. Avoid most of the other 'rad weld' type things, they just block other stuff up.

Although you will probably have to do the job properly eventually, any of the above are fine as a temporary fix. There's nothing quite as demoralising than doing a job and finding out you have to do it again. A small breathing space is very welcome!

Si