Jersey Plate In Uk

02GF74

Just came across this:

"It is on jersey number plates and does not require any tax or m.o.t until it is reregistered on to uk plates. "

Sounds too good to be true. Anyone know if this is true and for how long can you keep a Jersey registered vehicle on UK roads? :blink:

Such a large loophole that I think you'll probably find that you could use a non UK registered vehicle for three or six months in any period of two years or something like that.

If not I could have an FI registered vehicle in the UK and be exempt from everything, no emissions, MOT, pay my road tax here (£93 a year) insurance for less than £100, quite cheap motoring really

Wonderful :lol:

Just came across this:

"It is on jersey number plates and does not require any tax or m.o.t until it is reregistered on to uk plates. "

Sounds too good to be true. Anyone know if this is true and for how long can you keep a Jersey registered vehicle on UK roads? :blink:

If the vehicle was owned by you in Jersey you have upto six months to register it in this country. If you are buying the vehicle in this country or importing it it has two be registered immediatly. Also be careful on imports from the Channel Isles as they do not have to meet EEC specification and you can end up with a vehicle that can not be registered in the UK.