Tail End Challenge 2009 / 3rd & 4th of October

Mr Nick

Now confirmed for 2009. Team Xtremelandy along with Scorpion Racing will be holding the 3rd years Tail End Challenge at Coney Green Farm Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire on the 3rd & 4th of October.

As the last one was a renowned success and i'd more than say everyone enjoyed it. I'm Pleased to announce that this one will be even more that little bit special ! I know its ages away yet but book early as i think it will get full pretty quick going on the last event and what we have planned for you all this time.

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you all through the year.

Cheers

Nick

P.S. please remember this is a Clubman / Novice event and we don't allow Hydro type of trucks to enter.

• 6 months later...

Hi Every one.

Entry forms and The Challenge info is now avalible from the link below

Tail End Challenge Entry Forms

Membership of "Club Xtremelandy" is mandatory for insurance purposes.

Club Appliction forms avalible from the link below

Club Application Forms

and can i Just add a little note!

Obviously Team Xtremelandy wont be running this years Tail End Challenge with Scorpion Racing :o no really :lol:

Cheers

Nick

Now confirmed for 2009. Team Xtremelandy along with Scorpion Racing will be holding the 3rd years Tail End Challenge at Coney Green Farm Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire on the 3rd & 4th of October.

As the last one was a renowned success and i'd more than say everyone enjoyed it. I'm Pleased to announce that this one will be even more that little bit special ! I know its ages away yet but book early as i think it will get full pretty quick going on the last event and what we have planned for you all this time.

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you all through the year.

Cheers

Nick

P.S. please remember this is a Clubman / Novice event and we don't allow Hydro type of trucks to enter.

You can put my name down for it, if it is going to be as good as last year cant wait :)

Hi all, Marshal Markie here :ph34r: Hope your all going to be ready for my Special stage this year.

I did the SS 1 at the beginning of the site last year and had a great time over the two days with you all.

Nick looking forward to setting out with you this year too dude.

Markie.

why not enter instead of watching :P

ill be taking my 90 this year and will be shouting at jimmy :lol::lol:

will be looking forward to bettering 2nd place :)

so everyone might aswel stop at home :P:P

will be nice to see you again lee and you aswel steve

nick, ill get a membership form sorted and give it to you at the tuff trophy as previously mentioned

dan

why not enter instead of watching

ill be taking my 90 this year and will be shouting at jimmy

will be looking forward to bettering 2nd place

so everyone might aswel stop at home

will be nice to see you again lee and you aswel steve

Ah' to be young and foolish again :D

Might as well stop at home hey Dan, good job we all went the Northern Challenge isn't it ?, or there would have been NO finishers would there Dan ??

"Me rope keeps breaking and I'm getting scared", "me TD5's frightening me", cannot remember any more of them. :P

club xtremelandy had a meeting this evening and with the current competitors that are entering we have come to the decision that the format for the tail end challenge is as follows

1. Complete Novices who have never competed before and want to find out how to compete in a winch challenge. (basic vehicle setup for off road recommended front winch and mud tyres)

2.Clubman restricted is for the competitor who has basic experience of winch challenge events and is looking to become a more experienced Clubman team. (Vehicle set up = No lockers, No rear winches but can have up to 35" tyres. If lockers and rear winch fitted they must be disabled)

3. Clubman open ! This is for the Clubman that want to step up a level to gain the experience to compete in the more experienced type of events. ( Vehicle setup = Lockers, front and rear winches, 35" tyres)

i know that nick spoke to lee and lee agrees that this is not his type of competition any more

is it yours ?

more information is available from the club on xtremelandy website

cheers

hope this help

marshal markie

Ah' to be young and foolish again :D

Might as well stop at home hey Dan, good job we all went the Northern Challenge isn't it ?, or there would have been NO finishers would there Dan ??

"Me rope keeps breaking and I'm getting scared", "me TD5's frightening me", cannot remember any more of them. :P

:lol::lol:

isnt that the whole point of telling everyone to stop at home :P:P

:P teething problems are sorted...ish now mr v7 :P:P

btw, sorry to seem rude last night while on the phone, i was just balancing the autobox on the gearbox jack which is rather heavy to do even with my fine physique :lol::lol:

dan

club xtremelandy had a meeting this evening and with the current competitors that are entering we have come to the decision that the format for the tail end challenge is as follows

1. Complete Novices who have never competed before and want to find out how to compete in a winch challenge. (basic vehicle setup for off road recommended front winch and mud tyres)

2.Clubman restricted is for the competitor who has basic experience of winch challenge events and is looking to become a more experienced Clubman team. (Vehicle set up = No lockers, No rear winches but can have up to 35" tyres. If lockers and rear winch fitted they must be disabled)

3. Clubman open ! This is for the Clubman that want to step up a level to gain the experience to compete in the more experienced type of events. ( Vehicle setup = Lockers, front and rear winches, 35" tyres)

i know that nick spoke to lee and lee agrees that this is not his type of competition any more

is it yours ?

more information is available from the club on xtremelandy website

cheers

hope this help

marshal markie

this did work well last year, but some of the novice teams got in the way a little

i feel that hadicapping would work better similar to challenger 4x4

dan

Hi Dan, the reason why we're staying with the same format as last year mate is that it work well, it's easy and uncomplicated too on the scoring with all our different types of sections and also remember we are still having 1st 2nd & 3rd places in all three categories so it's totally different to the Challenger4x4 Comp.

Variety Is The Spice Of Life my friend :)

Can i come and watch?

Hi Jay, sorry i forgot to reply to your post! As this is a Closed Club Event only club members will be allowed on site. But You can join as a social member for £5.00 if you want and you can come along to the event. Also to the social gathering and Barbeque on the saturday night too. Now thats worth a fiver all day mate.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly one of our competitors cant make it, so there is a place avaliable for a late entrant if anyone would like to take up the place.

Please contact me via email club@xtremelandy.co.uk and leave your name and number and i'll call you asap.

Cheers

Nick.

Here is the 2009 Tail End Challenge Entrants List.

Teams

1. Nick Anderson - Neville Hudd

2. Jacob Booty - Jamie Smith

3. Chris Berryman - Lee Brodrick

4. Simon Welin - David Wagstaff

5. Clive Billing - Mark Gadsby

6. Luke Billing - Andy Nash

7. Peter Fountain - Simon Mair

8. Tom Salt - Ben Snelson

9. Josh Boshworth - Joe Hook

10. Steve Beck - Adrian Dayley

11. Harriet Coffey - Ben Mahon

12. Kevin Mahon - Anne Fairlie

13. Andy Beck - Dominic Flintly

14. Dan Thomas - Matt Price

15. Nick Sherrock - Matt Gomme

16. Mark Sinclair - Roy Higgs

17. Brad Fox - Nick Gardner

18. Ian Cox - Paul Bass

19. Martin Stainer - Graham Mitchell

I dont think im ready to enter, but i would love to come along and see how it all works. im really interested in gettin into challenge type events and from what i can see your not to far from me. is it possible for you to pm me some details (many a postcode) cheers scatt