SCOR comp safari season 2009

Following the success of the 2008 championship, the first part of the calendar for the 2009 championship is now arranged.

1 March - Sidbury Hill, Tidworth, Wilts

19 April - Broxhead Common, Bordon, Hants

31 May - Hogmoor Enclosure, Bordon, Hants

New competitors are always welcome - drop me or andyb a PM, or get in touch through the website www.scor4x4.co.uk

I'm also looking for new marshals, so if you are available and fancy spending a day watching some racing, and perhaps getting involved in a recovery or two, then do get in touch. No experience is necessary as you will be given a full briefing, and nor is a tricked up vehicle, any standard LR will do just fine!

Dave

Steve,

I'm afraid there's no winches involved in a comp safari. It's an endurance event where competitiors have to complete a specified number of laps of a set course throughout the day, and the one with the lowest overall time is the winner.

And yes, you do have to be a member of SCOR to compete. Spectators are welcome and it's free to come along and watch.

Dave

I should be at Sidbury started saving for fuel already!, Dragged racer out of its shed sunday even still runs on 8! got a bit of fettling to do! but can't wait!

SCOR is what proper Safari racing is all about!

Giles,

Good to hear you'll be joining us - will you be doing the whole season?

There is a change to the regs (which you'll get a copy of when you renew your membership) regarding mudflaps. It's only recommended for '09 but will become mandatory in '10.

The fitting of mudflaps, of a flexible material of at least 5mm thick behind each road wheel extending to a minimum of 4cm each side of the tyre tread and a maximum of 10cm above the ground when the vehicle is stationary, is recommended from 1 Jan 2009 and will become mandatory from 1 Jan 2010.

So basically they need to be stupidly large and damn near drag on the ground.

See you at sidbury (or the AGM or Prizegiving if you're going).

Dave

Giles,

Good to hear you'll be joining us - will you be doing the whole season?

There is a change to the regs (which you'll get a copy of when you renew your membership) regarding mudflaps. It's only recommended for '09 but will become mandatory in '10.

So basically they need to be stupidly large and damn near drag on the ground.

See you at sidbury (or the AGM or Prizegiving if you're going).

Dave

Dave,

I'm damn gonna try to! started saving, the 1.6 ratio transfer box has F**ked the fuel economy but does go well! I missed a few last year getting stuck in New Delhi for the 1st round then a few money issues with a new business! Didn't do to bad though running No 9 this year instead of 5 managed 5 rounds last year did both the SROC rounds but one wasn't our Championship unfortunatly (one a trophy there as well!) and the 2nd bust front diff and rear drive flanges so had to retire! and never did run to well after Sidbury.

The Mud flaps were mentioned last year by Gavin so got some old conveor belt to knock some up from!

Bit of a trek but gonna try and make the prize giving!

Hopefully see you there

Rob

I will talk Chicky and Gareth into coming :lol:

I best get my arse in gear and change the bushes and new fox ball joints in this lovely warm weather :blink:

I got the impression they both enjoyed themselves last season. They've both got a serious chance of winning, if they don't kill themselves first! Proper nutters!

Chilly is better than wet. :P

Dave

Pete mentioned that there could be a Bovington event running do you know who was running it or is a possible scor comp.

Talking to Gary Chick he is up for it as long as he can get some Fox's in time

Talking to Gary Weldon just after christmas he is hoping to compete in his new bowler tomcat but you know Gary :lol:

Dave

Pete mentioned that there could be a Bovington event running do you know who was running it or is a possible scor comp.

Talking to Gary Chick he is up for it as long as he can get some Fox's in time

Talking to Gary Weldon just after christmas he is hoping to compete in his new bowler tomcat but you know Gary :lol:

First I've heard of us getting back into bovington - I'll do some digging...

I think Milners is the place for Fox dampers.

Won't be holding my breath on Mr Weldon turning up...