Oops!

ChrisB

Chris, I had to look several times to realise that was your truck, but I am very glad to hear you got away with no major injuries. Having seen it recently, I know you have put a lot of work into the truck so must be heart breaking for you.

Given the amount and nature of the kit you are carrying around, I would have thought a 110 commercial station wagon would suit you perfectly, but in the situation above I would suspect you would have come off a lot worse due to the lack of real structure above the waist line in a defender.

I hope the d3 driver gets his comeuppance, but don't let it eat you up, it's not worth it.

Have a good holiday

Mark

must be a bit shaken after that accident, and then to carry on with a driving holiday , takes some balls, you and your gilfriend.about your passenger in the back, just shows that you need to chill out and totally relax in the event of an accident :lol:

Brian

Offending vehicle stopped on hard shoulder until he saw someone get out, then drove off immediately - no details given.

Chris

Really glad to hear you are all live and with only minor injuries. Could have been so different.

The driver that caused the crash that killed my brother in 1991 did the same thing, stopped to look and then drove off. Fortunately he phoned his girlfriend to tell her about it and she had the sense to shop him to the police so he got charged. Lets hope someone shops this a**ehole.

Holiday is goooood! Loads of sun & snow, attempted snowboarding yesterday, got very bruised (again!). Decided to stick with my skis from now on.

Hire car was a Chevy Captiva - 2.0l diesel with auto/manual box - amazing with TC and ABS to get up the mountain - last 45mins is usually really slow and slippery - but this thing just flew up in 2nd/3rd! Once I got the hang of driving it in manual (push lever, treacle runs to gearbox really slowly as it -4 outside, hits gearbox and it changes about half hour later).

Got internet access, so plenty of time for new truck browsing!

Chris

Glad there is a happy outcome,

On my way home tonight a Tree came down in the high winds

Must have done something right as it hit my roof (the branches) as I passed the car behind went into the main section, it blocked the A39

quite a shock to see something so large falling especially as I was just 15ft from it as it started to fall