How many miles left in a Td5 110?

Dunc

:blink: You never know how these dogs teach each other the tricks of unlocking padlocks!! You will be surprised what they do when they are left alone!! :o

:lol: LOL

You got that right Dan!

Anyway, the point is; as much as i'd like a Double-Cab (because i would, they're ace) the decision has been made and it'll be a CSW, or at very least a SW. Also, following advice it will be on an 02 or newer plate for the loom/injectors/ecu/dash panel/throttle reasons.

If in the meantime i either win the lottery or manage to magically save up £15k it'll be this actual truck here;

G4110NSF_000.jpg

I am tempted to see how much a loan is too. DVLA will do me G4 DCR (my initials) for £525. Hell, i'd be like a dog with two of them then!

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll get me coat!

Says on the dealer's site that it's a genuine vehicle used on Stage 3 in Australia in 2003.

They are alloys from a Disco, it should be one Boost's.

Anyway, now for something constructive...

GBMUDs Idea about the DC then put a station wagon body on is sound, you will still qualify for the lower tax (£180 a year as opposed to £215 and rising)

Also, if its all about the dogs, what could be better than keeping wet, smelly dogs seperate to your space. Eau-de-wetgog isn't a fragrance I care too much about.

in terms of mileage, I bought a 2002 td5 110dc in August. It had 107,000 miles on it but had a full LR Service history so I thought I was safe.

In late August the turbo blew, laveing me with a £670 repair bill. In December, the head gasket went, along with the Rad. While they were att that the injector loom and fuel pressure regulator were replaced giving a total bill of £1270.

So, hi miles a good thing............. I'll let you decide!

IMHO, buy a double cab, sell the double cab roof for a mint, buy a SW roof and door for about half as much and Bob's your uncle. :) A cheap SW with the advantage of an internal bulkhead to keep the dogs in place.

Chris

And did they not have Mantec Snorkles rather that Safari.....?

I must stop counting those rivits!

They are alloys from a Disco, it should be one Boost's.

Guess i wont pursue that one if my numbers come up then!

Anyway, now for something constructive...

GBMUDs Idea about the DC then put a station wagon body on is sound, you will still qualify for the lower tax (£180 a year as opposed to £215 and rising)

Also, if its all about the dogs, what could be better than keeping wet, smelly dogs seperate to your space. Eau-de-wetgog isn't a fragrance I care too much about.

in terms of mileage, I bought a 2002 td5 110dc in August. It had 107,000 miles on it but had a full LR Service history so I thought I was safe.

In late August the turbo blew, laveing me with a £670 repair bill. In December, the head gasket went, along with the Rad. While they were att that the injector loom and fuel pressure regulator were replaced giving a total bill of £1270.

So, hi miles a good thing............. I'll let you decide!

Bloody hell. I simply wouldn't be able to afford that.

You raise a valid point about having the dogs in the back, because they do stink when they're wet, but as much as i like the double-cab;

1/ i hate the ifor williams tops

2/ i have to have a special pass to get into the local tip

3/ there's no boot when you go shopping

If i could have 2 trucks it would be fine, because there would always be the choice of the double cab or station wagon. When i had my Navara the missus used to moan when we went shopping about how things weren't safe in the pickup bed and then once i bought the snug-top how she couldn't see behind...

You may get away with it on the bridge as I have been led to believe that ALL Landrovers, regardless, cross the bridge as cars due to some long standing agreement. I have certainly only ever paid my £5 ish for the Disco commercial while towing a challenge truck while Kris following in the Hilux always pays £10ish.

post-1427-1232584687_thumb.jpg

Lets see the dogs get out of here!

it is true about landys paying £5.60, ive got a 110 hard top and i only pay £5.60 whenever i cross :)

IMHO - i would go for the CSW, ive always wanted one, one day....