Todays White-out-ing

M&S

Hi all, thought I'd share some pics from todays outing around Weardale. We headed out from Durham aand there was a light dusting of snow, but mostly ice laid through the night.

The day went well without any dramas at all and everyone enjoyed it. There's something great about been on the highest byway in England (Grasshill Causway) in a complete whiteout which is just brilliant :ph34r: The only place I struggled with having road tyres was actually on the road, thankfully we weren't going too fast so everything came back under control with just a waggle of the tail :huh:

The waffle boards came into their own again. These things are a MUST HAVE in my opinion. This time we proceeded down a track which was a little rutted but nothing heavy, only to find half way down that the rut became 18" deep, but still only a tyre width across. Popped the waffles down infront of the front wheels and drove straight out of the ruts we were in (otherwise inpossible to do with road tyres) and continued on our way, gingerly looking at the 18" trench beside us As I say, great bits of kit, saved any churning up of the lane, and saved us reversing all of the way back out ;)

As I say, no dramas with any of the three vehicles which included my standard TD5 disco, a heavily modified disco, and a Toyota Hilux on MASSIVE tyres :blink:

Well worth getting out of bed for and popping on the thermals :P

post-12723-1232313073_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313113_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313155_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313217_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313344_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313371_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313511_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313613_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232313708_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1232314299_thumb.jpg

Lovely! I really enjoy looking at photos like that - thanks for posting them :)

This isn't just any 4x4. This is the finest 4x4...crafted from whatever we had left in the parts bin on Friday afternoon

:rofl:

Or - in my case - what I found under a hedge on the sports field recently :lol: