Going off road in surrey

trailmaster

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum so would like to introduce my self :) I Live in Kingston Upon Thames

and have a defender 90. Its not a shiny shiny so am interested in driving the more difficult lanes.

My navigational and 'checking what lanes are still open' skills are really poor/non existent, so if anyone is going

on a difficult greenlane or track around surrey or nearby, may i please tag along? - oh, and needless

to say, i am totally obsessed with Land Rovers. I even like the Freelander...!!!

Thanks

nige

Hi Nige,

Looks like a few of us will be meeting up in hindhead tomorrow if you're up for it?

what-where?!when!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.im working:(

the punch bowl was very very wet and stodgy today-i wen to for a run and got covered :lol:

the punch bowl was very very wet and stodgy today-i wen to for a run and got covered :lol:

If it is that wet then surely it would be sensible to leave it well alone until it dries out a bit.

There is some very good advice for green lane newbies (and others) here

If it is that wet then surely it would be sensible to leave it well alone until it dries out a bit.

There is some very good advice for green lane newbies (and others) here

true. but it all depends where your planning on going. puch bowl is bad because all the water runs into it!.

theres a few others around that arnt too bad-tilford, elstead, thursley, etc, etc

Hi everyone.

Yes to everything,

Discojamz: yes, let me know. would be great

Munster - Hindhead: Yea, i would love to come. can you give me a time and place? i don't really know the area but do have a tom tom thingy :rolleyes:

Dirkthe1 - sounds like fun. if ur doing it again let me know. i heard one of the tracks there is a real Axel twister.

definitely going to get my moneys worth from this 90!! ;)

There is one very close to me at Coldharbour on Leith Hill but I have heard that it is usually very muddy so I stay away as I don't want to damage it any more. When I want to play in the mud I blat round one of the 3 farms I shoot on.

But I do fancy driving some lanes gently without damage. And this w/end is probably not a good idea anywhere due to the amount of rain we have had.

There is one very close to me at Coldharbour on Leith Hill but I have heard that it is usually very muddy so I stay away as I don't want to damage it any more.

Unless if has changed markedly in the last three to four years, you will not damage it, whatever the weather. Take a walk and see.

Chris

Yep, probably not going to head into the bowl itself. We'll be meeting up tonight so unless your're working the night shift PM me!

P.s. I might be a newbie to the forum, but not to laning, been doing it for 17 years!!

how did it go?