Hummer tyres

Grant.

running them at 0psi wont change the sidewall construction, if its too stiff (fnarr) they wont deform - big Zil tyres can be run flat and still look like they are pumped up! (44's for about £100)

That depends how much of your car has been built but DD/HFH :ph34r:

I'll have some Zil tyres spare soon too. You really should ask....

But yes at 0psi (no valves even fitted) they don't even have a slight bulge :lol:

:lol: lol, from now on i am going to ask you first then!!

Fieldens never got back to me today however fingers crossed they will get back to me tomorrow!! :)

Not sure there's much point - the tyres look sold to me???

Al.

True, however looking for rims to mount Zil tyres on, also i think there might be another set available from a friend if I ask him nicely :lol::D If i go down that route instead that is

Ahhh, I see.

Recentre some Mog rims - Steveb on here might have some spares, for a start.

Al

K, hopefully he might emerge on this thread/topic :D

Just incase you were interested, those tyres for the hummer are back on ebay, however they have a starting bid of £350 not 99p :(

What's the point of getting 20" rims with LR PCD when nothing LR will spin a 44" tyre? :huh: May as well buy a set of agricultural rims plus whatever they're bolted to - in fact given the price of Zils you may as well buy a 6x6 Zil and put the money you've saved modding a LR towards the fuel costs. I believe they come with CTIS too.

What's the point of getting 20" rims with LR PCD when nothing LR will spin a 44" tyre? :huh: May as well buy a set of agricultural rims plus whatever they're bolted to - in fact given the price of Zils you may as well buy a 6x6 Zil and put the money you've saved modding a LR towards the fuel costs. I believe they come with CTIS too.

hmmm... ok, with your experience what would be the biggest you could put on a landy? the hummer tyres?

Most people seem to top out at ~35" on normal rover gear, and ~37" with a couple of grand's worth of internals. If you want to go big, it could be worth looking at axle swaps sooner rather than later. Have a search, all the options have been done to death. For the money, I'd buy a Zil and call it job done.

but they also fit full size D60 14bolt axles or rockwells!

means your standard landy is about 2 foot wider than normal. Ok you wont break em very easily even with 40+ tyres - but they are a bit big to be sneaking through tight gaps in the woods....