plastic cover on new trackrod end

Have just bought two new trackrod ends and they have a blue plastic cap/cover over the rubber boot

I guess these are to protect the rubber but my worry is if I fit the trackrod ends with these covers in place

then the MOT man would not be able to inspect the condition of the rubbers

should I leave these covers on or throw them away?

Have just bought two new trackrod ends and they have a blue plastic cap/cover over the rubber boot

I guess these are to protect the rubber but my worry is if I fit the trackrod ends with these covers in place

then the MOT man would not be able to inspect the condition of the rubbers

should I leave these covers on or throw them away?

I suggest to take them off as they are just 'packaging' / "protective cover" as far as I know!

MOT man would have a heck of a job looking at CV boots as they are inside the axle, were talking steering joints here aka trackrod ends.

I was replying to renault4's post, and the originals posters question, in that the rubbers that protect the bearing surfaces on a Track Rod End are not part of the MOT. Only that the Track Rod End doesn't have any play

Besides LRs don't have CV boots :P